Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Side note: only 4K (4000x2250) movie was to slow. Music was correct but video was slow, hanging and jumping. For me that is no issue, as I don't have a 4K TV anyway.

Ordinary 8-bit 4k should work, but the issue is in buffer/memory management (not enough CMA memory), so it falls back to SW decoding (press "o" during playback and check info). I'm working on IOMMU support, which would solve this issue completely, but it seems IOMMU driver doesn't always work correctly. This will take some time to solve.

• Still trying to figure out my low library scan issue and saw this is being posted to dmesg every few seconds:

dw_hdmi_cec_hardirq: stat=11 LOW_DRIVE

Is this relevant?

Thanks

• Still trying to figure out my low library scan issue and saw this is being posted to dmesg every few seconds

There are few ways you can check what is going on. With top try to determine which process takes most CPU time. I guess Kodi, but you never know. Next, you can check perf top, which will tell you which functions currently take most CPU time. This should give good pointer where to look next.

dw_hdmi_cec_hardirq: stat=11 LOW_DRIVE

Is this relevant?

I don't think this should cause any issue. Actually, I'm thinking of removing that message or even whole patch, which introduced it. But yes, it's not ideal to have it. Are you testing this with monitor or TV? If on TV, toggle CEC state in TV settings (on <-> off). Note that TV manufacturers usually use different name for CEC, like simplink, viera link, etc.

• offbeat everlanes I just found the issue and potential solution. It seems that width and height need to be multiple of 32 when converting from original NV12 tiled format to standard NV12. Please test following update

Confirming, latest master build decodes 1552px wide VP9 video just fine.
    Thank you for your work!

• Hello! Why LE10 on Orange Pi 3 LTS not support USB NIC?

NIC is present in lsusb output:

Code
    /:  Bus 04.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-platform/1p, 480M
        ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
        |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=r8152, 480M
            ID 0bda:8152 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8152 Fast Ethernet Adapter

and in ifconfig as ETH1

but not appears in LibreELEC Configuration -> Connections.

I can't configure IP address.

I doing this because built in ethernet doesn't always work. Sometimes need several reboots to get it to work.

Thanks!

• Here is the patch to support Orange Pi 3 LTS ethernet NIC YT8531 http://ix.io/3PDm

Made from linux-sunxi 5.10 patches

git checkout 10.0

Put to projects/Allwinner/patches/linux/0053-motorcomm-driver-YT8531.patch

Then build and flash orangepi-3 image

Edited 2 times, last by djdxbr (February 15, 2022 at 1:03 AM).

• Beelink GS1 Ethernet sometimes fails with a "transmit queue 0 timed out" error, resulting total loss of connection.

The only way to get it back alive without rebooting is to rmmod/modprobe dwmac_sun8i

Rmmod gives two additional errors "bus-emac already disabled" and "bus-emac already unprepared"

• Here is the patch to support Orange Pi 3 LTS ethernet NIC YT8531 http://ix.io/3PDm

Made from linux-sunxi 5.10 patches

git checkout 10.0

Put to projects/Allwinner/patches/linux/0053-motorcomm-driver-YT8531.patch

Then build and flash orangepi-3 image

Great! Do you have a chance to make your patched image available for a download? To be honest... I am able to edit configs in a linux file system, but applying patches and compiling... close to magic for me. THX!
    Due to the chip shortage I am sure there will be a lot of people who would like to use LE on the LTS versions from OrangePi, even when not supportet by the official LE line.

• Great! Do you have a chance to make your patched image available for a download? To be honest... I am able to edit configs in a linux file system, but applying patches and compiling... close to magic for me. THX!
    Due to the chip shortage I am sure there will be a lot of people who would like to use LE on the LTS versions from OrangePi, even when not supportet by the official LE line.

here, take it LE10 H6 ARM OPi 3 LTS

• here, take it LE10 H6 ARM OPi 3 LTS

Super, the Eth adapter on the LTS board works fine with this image. THX!

One Question concerning the internal audio-DAC of the H6: It's not listed in the LE System Audio menu. Only Bt, i2s and HDMI output are available.

For LE/H3/OPi PC there was also an option to use the built-in analogue interface...which works fine for me.

Is there any chance to get the H6 internal DAC to work with LE?

• Someone needs to write a driver for that. To this date, no one has.

Here github/armbian there is a merged commit "Add analogue audio driver to Allwinner H6" for the 5.4 kernel.

Is the armbian/ kernel 5.4 audio architecture somehow comparable with LE / kernel 5.10? Could this driver be used as a base for an analogue driver for LE?

• there is a merged commit "Add analogue audio driver to Allwinner H6" for the 5.4 kernel.

Analogue audio is not implemented there. However, I know where confusion comes from. H6 contains AC200 IC integrated alongside SoC. AC200 is responsible for several things, like Ethernet PHY for fast ethernet and also analogue audio. So patches mentions audio, but only functionality really implemented there is Ethernet PHY.

• Hi. I have a problem with orange pi pc2 and usb to serial converter (arduino nano, ch341 chip). Dmesg gives the following: "usb 6-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using ohci-platform", no ttyUSB0 in /dev folder. Compiled usbserial.ko, and ch341.ko modules, they seems to load ok with insmod, but when I connect the arduino system hangs. Have anyone came across this problem?