Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Jerneh,

Many thanks for your kind reply! Sorry, I don't know if it was nightly image, or not. But I have just burned an image on my EMMC using Rufus with the corresponding image from the link on the first page of this thread.

That should be easy with [tt]PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H3 scripts/create_addon pvr.iptvsimple[/tt

Unfortunately I am not that skilled at all, so I don't know how should I run that. Perhaps there is any guide for noobs?))) Or, I have to wait until everything would be done to get the PVR...

• So those come from armbian and mainline kernel, as I expected.

Well, I wouldn't say that. If patches would be present in mainline already, there wouldn't be need to have them. I also don't see such patch in Armbian, so I suspect it's original work from PR author. Anyway, soon PR will need a rebase becasue patches pulled from linux-next will break it.

As far as I understand I could fetch the commits from that pull request,

You could also pull directly from PR author's github. That way you don't need to pick commits.

do I need to also make an specific "target" for the Orange Pi Lite 2? Where are the target files for the supported devices located in the git repo?

There is no specific board handling done in build system, except in scripts/uboot_helper, but that's already handled in PR. Even SoC specific handling will slowly get away, at least from patch perspective. Wifi chip is already supported in mainline and package which provides broadcom wifi firmwares already supports it.

• I have no clue, you should provide logs, best if you connect to serial console or ssh and get some info like dmesg. You can force enable ssh with adding ssh to the end of APPEND line in extlinux.conf. Do you by any chance use HDMI converter, like VGA to HDMI?

no... direct HDMI->HDMI

best if you connect to serial console

I have only this on the console (i remove "quiet")

serial console.... no login input...

what are the parameters of ssh?

port? Name? pass ?

• Well, I wouldn't say that. If patches would be present in mainline already, there wouldn't be need to have them. I also don't see such patch in Armbian, so I suspect it's original work from PR author. Anyway, soon PR will need a rebase becasue patches pulled from linux-next will break it.

When you say "linux-next", are you talking about Torvald's mainline kernel?

Anyways, for the moment I'll build from the PR author's github until the rebase happens. I really want to test this board and give feedback since Armbian is already working great on it.

• you will get that by appending

i appending....

LABEL LibreELEC

LINUX /KERNEL

FDT /sun50i-h6-orangepi-one-plus.dtb

APPEND boot=UUID=1103-2410 disk=UUID=cdbb4d0e-d433-4856-87ed-5b2e0bc7c274 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 ssh systemd.debug-shell=1

• When you say "linux-next", are you talking about Torvald's mainline kernel?

No, linux-next is continuous integration test tree, which picks changes (almost) every work day from all subsystem maintainter trees: kernel/git/next/linux-next.git - The linux-next integration testing tree This is as bleeding edge as it can be. Changes included in this tree land in Torvald's tree during merge window at latest.

I really want to test this board and give feedback since Armbian is already working great on it.

Main reason PR is not merged in LE yet is that I don't have that board and PR author didn't rework it to my liking yet.

• Vadim_0632 DRAM size is autodetected. Can you provide image of top and bottom side of the board so I can read RAM chip markings? It could be bug in DRAM initialization code or manufacturer silently replaced chips with higher capacity. You can add mem=1G

kernel arguments to force DRAM size to 1 GiB.

Ignoring ssh shouldn't matter. Kernel ignores any argument it doesn't recognize. ssh argument is picked up by LE script.

• You can add mem=1G

kernel arguments to force DRAM size to 1 GiB.

i try it, it work. show DRAM 1G

no image on tv....

Can I somehow specify the screen resolution at boot time?

I want to try with other parameters ... 720... 480 ...

I hacked my orange... i logged ssh ))

dmesg.log

log-2020-03-12-19.17.20.zip

mem autodetect work wrong

This is a regular board "OrangePi One Plus" ram installed 1 GB...

This is a serial console boot image armbian (Orange Pi - Orangepi)

armbian system boot normal, video and sound work fine.

• dhanar10 can you please test if adding #CONFIG_SYS_RELOC_GD_ENV_ADDR is not set to projects/Allwinner/bootloader/config and test with U-Boot 2020.01?

I have just tried you suggestion but Orange Pi One still fail to boot. It still stops at "starting kernel". The serial console log is attached (i have removed "quiet" from extlinux.conf). There seems to be no additional info compared from our previous attempts. dejan_  natumbri maybe you can verify if my testing result is correct when you have the time.

jernej Tell me if you have other ideas that we can try to resolve this issue. I have not given up yet :D.

• dhanar10 there is one very effective but very tedious method - bisection. With it, you can find which commit in U-Boot exactly breaks boot. This will take about 10 steps.

Do following:

1. checkout U-Boot sources from git: U-Boot / U-Boot · GitLab

2. start bisection in u-boot folder:

Code
    git bisect start
    git bisect bad v2020.01
    git bisect good d9110878895634cd9e8bf891c832d2a58b36863c

3. create image with hash git bisect suggest to you and test it. For easier testing, I suggest you set PKG_SHA256 to empty string.

4. if it works, enter git bisect good or if it doesn't git bisect bad

5. repeat 3-4 until git gives you message "first bad commit is ..."

6. report this bad commit here.

It seems only boards with 512 MiB RAM are affected, which are not supported here anyway. So if you can find anything, I'll look into it, but otherwise it will stay as it is. U-Boot revert is not an option.

• hi hi ... ^^

I think it’s worth removing “Orange Pi One Plus” from the list of supported boards ...))

What is happening cannot be called "supported" :)

• I suspect you would have issues with any H6 board, since 99% things is same across all boards. While I don't have one plus, I have several other H6 boards and have no problems whatsoever. I'll leave it in.

• Damn it ... what am I doing wrong, why doesn't it work?

what did the logs tell you?

Unfortunately, I have a second board Orange Pi PC2... and it is not supported))

unlucky...

will have to create a mediacenter from pieces ... on a working distributive from orangepi

Edited once, last by Vadim_0632 ().

• I tried the image for pi pc2, it works ... unlike H6.

Let's debug the build for H6 cpu.

I want to get media player on the H6 board!