Posts by dhanar10

dhanar10 can you please test if adding #CONFIG_SYS_RELOC_GD_ENV_ADDR is not set to projects/Allwinner/bootloader/config and test with U-Boot 2020.01?

I have just tried you suggestion but Orange Pi One still fail to boot. It still stops at "starting kernel". The serial console log is attached (i have removed "quiet" from extlinux.conf). There seems to be no additional info compared from our previous attempts. dejan_  natumbri maybe you can verify if my testing result is correct when you have the time.

jernej Tell me if you have other ideas that we can try to resolve this issue. I have not given up yet :D.

Yes, I wired rx and tx crossed over looking at the label on the pin. Anyways, I switched the rx tx over and it works! I guess it is either the label on my usb serial is wrong or I was just too tired after coming back from work.

Ok, attached is the log from serial log from Orange Pi One. I compared the log from the one that fails to boot and the one that boots (the image from dejan_).

jernej It seems like in both cases uboot managed to reach "starting kernel ...". There seems to be not enough info for this from the serial console log I collected. Will removing "quiet" from extlinux.conf make it more verbose?

jernej This is continuation of the Nano Pi (and Orange Pi One) failed to boot unless u-boot: update to v2020.01 is reverted reported by dejan_ and natumbri . I have tried to capture the output from serial console using usb serial with "quiet" removed from extlinux.conf to get more verbose info. However, it seems like removing "quiet" produces no extra info. It still stops at "starting kernel". Do you have a suggestion on how to proceed next to investigate this issue?

dhanar10 - this may sound obvious, but do you have the rx and tx around the right way (ie crossed over)?

Yes, I wired rx and tx crossed over looking at the label on the pin. Anyways, I switched the rx tx over and it works! I guess it is either the label on my usb serial is wrong or I was just too tired after coming back from work.

Ok, attached is the log from serial log from Orange Pi One. I compared the log from the one that fails to boot and the one that boots (the image from dejan_).

jernej It seems like in both cases uboot managed to reach "starting kernel ...". There seems to be not enough info for this from the serial console log I collected. Will removing "quiet" from extlinux.conf make it more verbose?

This is "go to" debugging tool, especially for boot issues.

I may be doing a silly mistake here. But, how do I get log from serial console? Can you point me to the right instruction, especially for LibreElec & Orange Pi board?

dejan_  natumbri I tried to connect rx tx gnd pin to my usb serial. On my laptop I use the following command to open serial console:

$ screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

Then I power my Orange Pi board but I get nothing from serial console.

Is there something that I missed?

I think I am facing the same issue. Latest LibreElec master can be compiled ok after restoring patches for orange pi one but it does not boot at all. It is as if no sd card is inserted.

Just to add some info, according to my experiment, the latest libreelec master on orange pi pc still boots however.

I happen to have both Orange Pi One and Orange Pi PC.

New user here. I registered specifically to ask this.

tantra35 Could you point me to the exact source code you use to build this?