Help usb drive

• Hi to you all, I am very new to a raspberry pi and kodi. I have a usb 112GB hard drive formatted on a windows 10 computer with ex fat. libreELEC is running fine on my raspberry pi 1 Zero. When I plug it into my raspberry pi I can't find it. Can some one please help me on what I have to do, To get it recognized on my raspberry pi. If it is a command line thing, I also don't no how to do that. I have searched the net for weeks now and can't find out how to do it. Any help I would be most grateful. Regards Jonah.

• Windows have somewhat different approaches to (external) disks, so one thing to do is to make sure that Windows properly shuts down the USB drive. In case of any problem, Linux will not fully mount the USB drive.

Plug in the external drive, and reboot LibreELEC. Make sure the drive has sufficient power, preferably via a powered USB hub. If you sometimes see a colored square in the top right corner of your screen, then your Raspberry Pi does not get enough power through its adapter.

The 2nd thing to properly troubleshoot things on a Raspberry Pi, is to have a SSH client so you can enter the backdoor of LibreELEC. Download the latest version of Putty and make sure the SSH service on LibreELEC is running. Log in via root / libreelec.

Once you're in, type in the following commands, and return to us the URLs:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit

• The drive will auto-mount under /var/media .. as long as there is no issue mounting. If it never appears in Kodi log-in over SSH and run "dmesg | paste" and share the URL generated here so we can see the kernel log which will have clues on the reason it doesn't mount.

Hi guys, Thank you so much for your reply's, But please bear in mind I am 67 years old and a retired plumbing and heating engineer. This all very new to me, and to be frank I don't no how to do what you ask. Is there a PDF or site on how to do this stuff. Allso I don't no where to go, to look for the log file. Sorry to be such a pain.
    Regards Jonah

• There are no PDFs but

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    shows how to download and connect to the box over SSH from Windows using PuTTY. From there you run "dmesg | paste" and reply here with the something URL it generates. Regular contributors to the project include a paramedic and an airline pilot so being a plumber is no excuse :)