Posts by Jonah

The drive will auto-mount under /var/media .. as long as there is no issue mounting. If it never appears in Kodi log-in over SSH and run "dmesg | paste" and share the URL generated here so we can see the kernel log which will have clues on the reason it doesn't mount.

Hi guys, Thank you so much for your reply's, But please bear in mind I am 67 years old and a retired plumbing and heating engineer. This all very new to me, and to be frank I don't no how to do what you ask. Is there a PDF or site on how to do this stuff. Allso I don't no where to go, to look for the log file. Sorry to be such a pain.
    Regards Jonah

Hi to you all, I am very new to a raspberry pi and kodi. I have a usb 112GB hard drive formatted on a windows 10 computer with ex fat. libreELEC is running fine on my raspberry pi 1 Zero. When I plug it into my raspberry pi I can't find it. Can some one please help me on what I have to do, To get it recognized on my raspberry pi. If it is a command line thing, I also don't no how to do that. I have searched the net for weeks now and can't find out how to do it. Any help I would be most grateful. Regards Jonah.

obviously I am beyond help to old A
    [hr]

The USB hard drive should be mounted automatically after you have plugged it in and should be also available as a source. Be aware that USB hard drives should have their own power supply, as the power supply of the RPi might not be enough for that. So either it has it´s own power supply or you plug it into a self-powered USB hub

How to add sources: Adding video sources - Official Kodi Wiki

Could be a bit more specific what you mean exactly with "storing favourites"?

Thank you for your reply I will look at the link you sent. as regards favorites. I have managed to install some addons but want to save them so when I click on the Star symbol bottom left on main screen it will be there.
    Thanks again hpe this reply helps.

Hi to you all, this is my first post. I have a raspberry pi running kodi LibreELEC ver 7.0.2 Architecture RPi.arm. Is there any no how to manuals, as I am very new to kodi, and want to no how to store favorites and get my USB hard drive I have plugged in working. Please bear with me as never used raspberry pi or kodi before. I am 66 years old and things take a bit of sinking in. Any help would be very much appreciated. If there any you tube vids on this a link would be much appreciated.
    Regards Jonah.