Gigabit PCI Lan

• Hey guys,

I have been running Kodi in the past 6-7 years in a silent HTPC with an old AM2 Cpu/Mobo + a Geforce 8400GS card.
    A few months ago I've bought a TP-LINK TG-3468 Gigabit PCI Lan card as I've watched more and more bluray remuxes around 25-30Gb size, and the default 100Mbit just felt too slow when skipping scenes. As soon as I placed the card in the mobo the added bandwith was immediately noticeable.
    This was on a minimal ubuntu setup which I've installed years ago with a script from the official (xbmc) site.

Now I'm using Libreelec for various reasons but it seems that I only have 100Mbit network instead of 1000Mbit.
    I don't have buffering issues or anything but when skipping scenes in those big 25-30 Gb videos it takes 6-8 sec to continue the playing.
    Before using Libreelec I had maximum 1-2 sec of hiccups when scipping a scene.

I don't know if this is a SMB limitation in LE or just my card is recognised as 100Mbit but it would be nice to solve it.

Any Ideas how to do it ?

Thanks

• Use "ethtool" to check the port speeds. It can also force the port to a higher speed (instead of auto-detecting) although it's unusual for auto-detect to not get things right. Do the usual things like trying a different Ethernet cable too..

• There is a technical difference between Gigabit cables and 10/100 cables. And the fact that 2 Gigabit adapters don't need a crossover to connect them. So cables are a possibility, the other obvious thing is drivers for the card, but I'm sure that you thought of that. I had to deal with that on Windows a few times and Linux drivers are a nightmare to me.

I don't know what your network card would have to do with watching a Bluray remux on the HTPC, unless the bluray remux is on another computer, but you did not say anything about a network or streaming.

FWIW, I found absolutely no difference on my Gigabit network when I pulled the Gigabit card out of my HTPC and used the onboard 10/100 adapter instead. Either streaming from the internet or from a shared source on my network. My HTPC is older than yours, a pentiumD Compaq with a ATI HD4350 video card.

Has anybody mentioned how dangerous publishing your email address is? Any body that sees it can now legally use it for any reason they want, spamming the world in your name, for instance.