LE 7.90.006 Wetek Hub audio glitches

• On Wetek Hub (LE 7.90.006), playing music results in constant clicking/glitching. The louder the music the louder the clicks. I'm using a USB Dac (Cambridge StreamMagic 6) for audio. No glitching with movie audio - it only happens when playing music.

I don't get glitching playing music through HDMI, but that is clamped at 48 kHz.

• I'm getting audio issues on my ODROID-C2 as well. I'm playing to my TV through HDMI.

Edit: I downgraded to 7.90.005 and the issues are gone. Definitely something wrong with 7.90.006.

Edited once, last by sbstp (September 28, 2016 at 10:42 PM).

• On the Hub 7.90.006 is definitely better. On 005 USB audio didn't work at all without an asound.conf and even then playing music would crash the Hub after a few minutes.

USB audio now works out the box. However my Cambridge dac appears twice in the device list as both 'Analog' and 'iec958'. The analog variant seems to be resampling everything to 48 kHz but the 'iec958' is passing 44.1 kHz and higher bitrates through to the dac unchanchanged. But the clicking and glitching is apparent on both variants.

I do hear occasional audio glitches on movies but not nearly as much as with music.

• On LE 7.90.007 I can select both USB-audio variants but sound only comes out of HDMI. If I add an asound.conf I can get sound out the USB but still with crackles and pops.

Why is it that all these little black boxes can do all sorts of toytown multichannel formats that no-one ever uses but decent quality stereo is all but impossible to achieve ... ? :s

• On 7.90.008 USB audio devices are back in the list and selectable without using asound.conf but the glitching is sadly still apparent when playing music.

Here's a logfile playing a couple of tracks with the 'spdif' USB device enabled: XDGC

Just ask if anyone needs me to test something. I'd really like to help getting this fixed ...

Cheers
    Ian

• Oh thank god!
    I thought I m the only one with those glitches when music is on.
    RPi3 is my hardware BTW.

Are you using a USB DAC? I'm only getting audio glitches playing music through a USB DAC on the Hub. Music through HDMI is fine apart from being resampled to 48 kHz.

• bluefuzz when I updated to 7.90.008 they all gone! but because of LCD problem I had to get back to 7.90.006 again. Surprisingly there are no glitches anymore! I had those glitches every 5 sec when I played music.

Edited once, last by kavehebadi (November 4, 2016 at 8:11 AM).

• Kavehebadi,

You still didn't say whether you are using a USB DAC ...

My problem is audio glitches only when playing music through a USB DAC, but I have a suspicion that it is limited to Amlogic devices, specifically the Wetek Hub. But until there is some confirmation from one of the devs I don't really know what's going on. Apparently there are not many people using a USB DAC - or listening to music - which I find odd since it's the only way to get audio out of a device like the Hub that has no other outputs aside from HDMI ...

Cheers
    Ian

• Kavehebadi,

You still didn't say whether you are using a USB DAC ...

My problem is audio glitches only when playing music through a USB DAC, but I have a suspicion that it is limited to Amlogic devices, specifically the Wetek Hub. But until there is some confirmation from one of the devs I don't really know what's going on. Apparently there are not many people using a USB DAC - or listening to music - which I find odd since it's the only way to get audio out of a device like the Hub that has no other outputs aside from HDMI ...

Cheers
    Ian

Sorry Ion, my fault. Actually no, I dont use USB DAC. I have raspberry Pi.