Rainbow-y noise image flash with NUC and 50 Hz output

• Hi!

I have a peculiar problem with LibreElec on an Intel skylake i3 NUC.
    Occasionally i get a rainbow-y noise picture flash and it looks like the TV looses signal/sync for a second.
    I get the TVs info screen popping up afterwards displaying rate and res.

This mostly happens with content in 50 Hz, have have "change refresh rate to match content" enabled.
    Occasionally it happen in the menus running in 60Hz.

I have the NUC connected with HDMI thru a Denon AMP, and the amp is connected to a Samsung TV.
    I have enabled EDID locally with EDID extracted from the amp.

Is anybody else experiencing this?
    I get this with both Libre 7 and 8 alpha 5.

Regards,
    Wish

• Haha, yeah i know, its kinda hard to describe, I made a youtube video, its about 17 secs in:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And you mean connect directly to the TV right?

So far I've reconnected everything, changed HDMI cables, connected NUC TV directly to TV, tried with TV EDID over AVR.
    I still happens in all these cases, I'm leaning towards an hardware/bios/driver issue here... :|

This is a Samsung TV and a Denon 2312 AVR by the way...

(Using TV EDID but its sort of not an option, that would prevent med from enabling passthru HD-audio, it seems like Kodi is validating the settings against advertised capabilities...)

Regards,
    Wish

• Lots of people with this issue. Seems to be something to do with Denon/Onko receivers and the latest Linux kernels. Supposedly fixed in the latest Milhouse 4.8 kernels but unable to confirm:

Major GUI corruption in Jarvis with my projector
    LibreELEC
    LibreELEC
    LibreELEC

Just tried the latest Milhouse build (Oct 12th) with the 4.8 kernel and have the same issue. Running the GUI/playing media in less than 50hz works without this issue. Issue spans LE 7 to the current Milhouse builds. OE 6.0.3 and lower does not have this issue. No other HDMI device in my environment has this issue (Windows laptop, PS4, Xbone, etc). Purchased a new Chromebox and high-end HDMI cables and still didn't help.

Edited once, last by Xtropy (October 13, 2016 at 7:12 PM).

• If you connect the HTPC directly to the TV this does not occur?

Just did extended testing with this and yes, if I plug direct to the TV I no longer have this issue and the artifacting disappears. This appears to be an issue with at least the Denon (mine) and Onkyo (as reported by others) receivers and LE.

Could dumping the EDID while connected direct to the TV (bypassing the receiver) and using this config be a possible workaround when reconnected to the receiver?

*EDIT
    Just tried using the EDID while connected direct to the TV and did not fix the issue
    *EDIT

I also tried using an HDMI amplifier and switching cables, inputs on the receiver, etc but nothing is working except either bypassing the receiver or running at <30p

Thanks

Edited once, last by Xtropy (October 14, 2016 at 12:44 PM).