Strange Red/Green Artifacts in video

• I am seeing weird red/green artifacts in the Kodi interface and during video playback. I am running LibreELEC 7.0.2 on an ASUS ChromeBox connected to a Denon AVR-E200 receiver and displayed with a BenQ W1070 projector.

When I first saw it I figured it was probably a hardware issue (cable or HDMI port on the receiver or chromebox)

I tried two other HDMI cables and have the same issue. I have an Xbox One connected to the receiver as well and it works fine. I connected the ChromeBox directly to the projector HDMI input and there are no artifacts so I'm not sure what is going on.

Until very recently I had Ubuntu installed on the Chromebox and didn't have artifacting. I've tried messing with the video settings in Kodi to no avail. I've attached some pictures of what I'm seeing. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this issue!

• I tried connecting the xbox to the input I usually use for the Chromebox; no issues. I also connected the Chromebox to the input I use for the Xbox but still saw the artifacts.

I updated to the 7.90.005 alpha and the issue persists. I am really at a loss as to why this is still happening

• I am seeing weird red/green artifacts in the Kodi interface and during video playback. I am running LibreELEC 7.0.2 on an ASUS ChromeBox connected to a Denon AVR-E200 receiver and displayed with a BenQ W1070 projector.

When I first saw it I figured it was probably a hardware issue (cable or HDMI port on the receiver or chromebox)

I tried two other HDMI cables and have the same issue. I have an Xbox One connected to the receiver as well and it works fine. I connected the ChromeBox directly to the projector HDMI input and there are no artifacts so I'm not sure what is going on.

Until very recently I had Ubuntu installed on the Chromebox and didn't have artifacting. I've tried messing with the video settings in Kodi to no avail. I've attached some pictures of what I'm seeing. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this issue!

Same issue here. I am also running a BenQ W1070 with a Denon receiver but I have model AVR-2112CI. I have not tried direct to the projector but this problem started on any version (OE or LE) after 6.0.3. A fix I found is to set the GUI to 1920x1080p @ 30FPS. Anything above 30FPS causes this issue (60, 59.94 or 50). Also interesting that this happens prior to Kodi loading as I see it on the install screen as well as during the boot logo. Sometimes it goes really haywire as shown in my post which are linked below.

To troubleshoot, I dumped my MAC Mini and HDMI cables, hopped on Amazon and bought a new Chromebox and Redmere HDMI cable from Monoprice to fix the problem. When I first started it up, everything looked good and was happy to have this resolved but after a reboot the EXACT same issue happened again. I keep thinking this is fixed but whenever the refresh rate changes (reboot, starting/stopping a movie) I have about a 75% chance of the glitches happening. Sometimes I get lucky and for a few days everything works well and then it starts and doesn't stop. Luckily I have system images to get back onto 6.0.3 as quickly as possible. I also have a Windows PC, PS4, Xbone, OSX and GoPro all connected via HDMI to my receiver and none of them have ever had this issue, it is isolated to LE.

I've posted a number of times about this on both the Kodi and LE boards but for the most part noone has taken notice. Fritsch advises this is a OS issue (not Kodi) which is why playing around with Kodi settings doesn't fix it (believe me, I've tried every option, nothing works except refresh as mentioned). I've also tried every alpha, beta, Milhouse builds, etc and the only 100% working fix is to run 6.0.3 if you want 60FPS and guaranteed no glitching. Logs are in both my posts below but largely irrelevant if this is a OS issue. I guess since it's only happening to a small select group of people with specific hardware it's not on anyones radar.

Major GUI corruption in Jarvis with my projector

LibreELEC

Not really helpful but been dealing with this issue for over 5 months, across 2 versions and no solution found or in sight....

Edited once, last by Xtropy (September 9, 2016 at 11:50 PM).

• [quote='dbuvid','https://207.154.221.202/thread/?postID=11580#post11580']
    I am seeing weird red/green artifacts in the Kodi interface and during video playback.

I have had the exact same issue with an RP2. Problem is the same when using LE, OE and even when I tried installing Ubuntu MATE. Problem appears even on a text screen immediatelly as pic shows on a HDMI monitor. So, it is not OS related and even less Kodi related.

I swapped HDMI cables and power supplies, memory cards around. My four other RPis (2 and 3) have no problem with any cables or HDMI ports.... So, it is not Power supply or HDMI cable or HDMI port nor memory card related.

I was sort of afraid to experiment too much, as I fear something else might get burend due to that problem. Only think that just occured me is to try out the analog output, but this would not exactly be a soution, even if it works.

I concluded a problem is with the RPi and claimed a warranty.

• I had a similar issue with my rpi2 a while back, but it was because I played with "config_hdmi_boost" in the config.txt. My monitor was blanking out now and then, and I thought it was the hdmi to dvi cable I was using.. I've read hdmi to dvi needs more power. So.. I had config_hdmi_boost increased, but after a while, it had artifacts. I can't remember how high I had it cranked though.

• Is there any help with Strange Red/Green Artifacts in video ? I installed LE on my x96 s905W 2/16 and have this problem...

if there is somebody with solution, please help :)