Minix NEO U1 LE with Harmony remotes

• I am going to order one of Harmony remotes for my setup. Harmony Ultimate or Elite. I know there are difficulties with those remotes regarding using more buttons than there are on the original Minix remote when using android.

Are there any problems with LibreElec? In case there are, what needs to be done to map, let's say, dedicated play/pause buttons, audio/subtitle track toggle etc.?
    Is this possible at all? Maybe i can use MCE remote profile with LE?

Thank you.

• Hey,

If you already have a working remote the best thing you can do is just learn the remote control commands from the standard controller.

You might spend 5 mins teaching it the commands or 3 hours looking around for a working code.

Latic

• Hey,

If you already have a working remote the best thing you can do is just learn the remote control commands from the standard controller.

You might spend 5 mins teaching it the commands or 3 hours looking around for a working code.

Latic

Yes, I understand this. I know there is a profile for the original Minix remote in Harmony software. I want to map more keys/functions than there are on the original remote. I don't mind creating a custom keymap in LE or do some other steps necessary. I want all harmony buttons functional. Like play, pause, stop, next, previous etc. I just need to know there is a way of doing so.

• @Aastep yep the remote you are planning to get is fully capable of learning.

The buttons on the remote just send an IR code over to the device.

With one of the Amlogic boxes I have I programmed an old sky remote to operate it (using the TV function) so both libreelec via remote.conf and the Harmony will be flexible enough to do what ya need.

Latic

• astep... I haven't got time to post properly, and I'm not at home so can't post it, but if you look through my posts you'll find a remote.conf fo a Pivos xios ds that I'm using with a Harmony. There should be enough buttons on that to keep you happy.