TVDB - adding source, will not scrape (log included)

• I have been having issues with TVDB for the last 2 days, it seems its back up however Im still having issues.

I turned on error logging, rebooted. Tried to update the video database, nothing. Added the TV show source again (shows the files when I look in Videos) and tried to get it to scrape from scratch using TVDB scraper, nothing.

I hope the log makes sense, if not, please ask and I will try again (I think I had all the right settings checked).

Error Log - RNXA

• Code
    19:36:28  40.400620 T:1777333152 WARNING: No information found for item '/media/TV Shows 2Tb/', it won't be added to the library.
    19:36:28  40.404320 T:1777333152   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /media/TV Shows 2Tb/

Kodi uses hashing to detect changes in the media folders and cannot see anything "new" in the folders so skips scraping. If things didn't originally scrape it's probably issues with the folder/file naming structure you're using. Fix that and then "scan for new content" and it will appear. Naming is the main issue that people have with scraping.

• Code
    19:36:28  40.400620 T:1777333152 WARNING: No information found for item '/media/TV Shows 2Tb/', it won't be added to the library.
    19:36:28  40.404320 T:1777333152   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /media/TV Shows 2Tb/

Kodi uses hashing to detect changes in the media folders and cannot see anything "new" in the folders so skips scraping. If things didn't originally scrape it's probably issues with the folder/file naming structure you're using. Fix that and then "scan for new content" and it will appear. Naming is the main issue that people have with scraping.

The naming is not an issue, its per Kodi standards.

LibreELEC scraped the drive and found everything last time, the only reason Im starting from scratch again is Im swapping from a Win7 pc to a RaspberryPi2.

I unplugged the usb drive from the pc (where it scraped perfectly), plugged it into the RPi2 & wont scrape.

Ive tried cleaning video db, checking, adding new shows (so its not the same as last hash) & nothing. Thats why this seems confusing to me.

• Could you please show us for example how your structure looks like? Be very specific about what is the source and what are the subfolders and to what content you set which source!!! That´s important.

I believe you, if you say "It´s Kodi standard"...but I still want to see it, as I never had any issues with Scraping beginning from Kodi Dharma and especially never had issues with TVDB.

So I´m with Chewitt in relation to the naming and the folder/file structure, which might not be 100% correct.

• [SOLUTION FOUND] ...

But first, for those that are non-believers! ;) LOL

TV shows organised on HDD thus...

• Name X

• Season 1

• S01E01 - Eps name
        • S01E0n - ...
      • Season 2

• S02E0n - ...
      • Season n

• S0nE0n - ...
    • Name Y

• Season 1

• S01E01 - Eps name
        • S01E0n - ...
    • Name Z

• Season 1

• S01E01 - Eps name
        • S01E0n - ...
      • Season 2

• S01E01 - Eps name
        • S01E0n - ...

This is what I did to get things working again - Looked for ways to clear the cache in Kodi and found this tutorial for a suite of addons that are used for cleaning/clearing out Kodi. When I ran the Cache Clearing addons and then tried to re-scrape the TV Shows I noticed that instead of starting and stopping within a fraction of a second, it too kodi 2sec to decide it wasnt going to look at all.

I fiddled about with other addons, same thing. Made it think harder but didnt get it to look properly. So I did a LibreELEC full reset (in LibreELEC System stuff) and found that again it thought a little harder, but did not scrape.

Finally in frustration, I yanked out the sd card, reinstalled LibreELEC from scratch and ...BAM... scraped first time and did it perfectly (without changing anything on the hdd)!

Thanks for the assistance.

R

• Glad that your problem is solved. And thanks for the explanation but

Be very specific about what is the source and what are the subfolders and to what content you set which source!!! That´s important.

you missed that ^^

But yeah...not important anymore, as your problem seems to be solved