Posts by taoofrichard

Just swapped from RPi3B+ to RPi4B and I have the same issues - Samsung TV and CEC not connecting.

Other issues include:

• When switching back to TV the HDMI and CEC grab focus back and switch back to Kodi while trying to reconnect ever 2min or so
    • Press the buttons sometimes there is a click, 1min of nothing and then all clicks hit at once and Kodi crash

Ive tried all of the above myself, looks like its back to RPi3B+ for the time being.

I have the same issue. Just switched over from RPI3B+ to RPi4B w/ 9.1 and the 2.4 and 5.0 show for a moment, I can connect to the 2.4 but if I try to connect to the 5.0 it will glitch and ALL wifi connections vanish.

Reboot and they will sometimes appear. If the wifi is working and I shitdown/reboot, I have to re-enter wifi details manually (thats if it can detect the wifi at all).

[SOLUTION FOUND] ...

But first, for those that are non-believers! ;) LOL

TV shows organised on HDD thus...

• Name X

• Season 1

• S01E01 - Eps name
        • S01E0n - ...
      • Season 2

• S02E0n - ...
      • Season n

• S0nE0n - ...
    • Name Y

• Season 1

• S01E01 - Eps name
        • S01E0n - ...
    • Name Z

• Season 1

• S01E01 - Eps name
        • S01E0n - ...
      • Season 2

• S01E01 - Eps name
        • S01E0n - ...

This is what I did to get things working again - Looked for ways to clear the cache in Kodi and found this tutorial for a suite of addons that are used for cleaning/clearing out Kodi. When I ran the Cache Clearing addons and then tried to re-scrape the TV Shows I noticed that instead of starting and stopping within a fraction of a second, it too kodi 2sec to decide it wasnt going to look at all.

I fiddled about with other addons, same thing. Made it think harder but didnt get it to look properly. So I did a LibreELEC full reset (in LibreELEC System stuff) and found that again it thought a little harder, but did not scrape.

Finally in frustration, I yanked out the sd card, reinstalled LibreELEC from scratch and ...BAM... scraped first time and did it perfectly (without changing anything on the hdd)!

Thanks for the assistance.

R

Probably you should provide a logfile first, so we can see, what might go wrong

For Kodi development:
    Scrapers - Official Kodi Wiki
    Development - Official Kodi Wiki

I never had problems with TVDB. All my TV-Shows are scraped fine whenever I try it.

You should probably tell more about your problem and which TV-Show you are referring to. And yes...we still need the logfile. As the context is: Logfile, or it never happened ;)

Greetings

Ive recently posted in the addon assistance part of the forum.

Code
    19:36:28  40.400620 T:1777333152 WARNING: No information found for item '/media/TV Shows 2Tb/', it won't be added to the library.
    19:36:28  40.404320 T:1777333152   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir /media/TV Shows 2Tb/

Kodi uses hashing to detect changes in the media folders and cannot see anything "new" in the folders so skips scraping. If things didn't originally scrape it's probably issues with the folder/file naming structure you're using. Fix that and then "scan for new content" and it will appear. Naming is the main issue that people have with scraping.

The naming is not an issue, its per Kodi standards.

LibreELEC scraped the drive and found everything last time, the only reason Im starting from scratch again is Im swapping from a Win7 pc to a RaspberryPi2.

I unplugged the usb drive from the pc (where it scraped perfectly), plugged it into the RPi2 & wont scrape.

Ive tried cleaning video db, checking, adding new shows (so its not the same as last hash) & nothing. Thats why this seems confusing to me.

I have been having issues with TVDB for the last 2 days, it seems its back up however Im still having issues.

I turned on error logging, rebooted. Tried to update the video database, nothing. Added the TV show source again (shows the files when I look in Videos) and tried to get it to scrape from scratch using TVDB scraper, nothing.

I hope the log makes sense, if not, please ask and I will try again (I think I had all the right settings checked).

Error Log - RNXA

As much as I love LibreELEC because it makes watching my favourite shows so much more enjoyable, waiting for the TVDB to get itself together so I can scrape new episodes Ive added is ridiculous; Ive waited 2 days now and still no connection to the server. (PS. Ive tested the site via direct/ping and its not working properly).

Is there a way to create a new scraper that is more reliable, maybe something that could connect to TVRage or better yet, TVMaze (they seem to have a good API as well here)? In fact, Ive already had a word to the TVMaze guys on Twitter and they think its a great idea.

I know people will say that XEM is available, however it is dependant on TVDB to do its final check before passing information on to LibreELEC, so if TVDB falls over, so does XEM.

If I knew how to program better, Id do it myself... can anyone recommend a tutorial on how I might be able to learn how to program a scrapper for the TV shows? I just want my TV shows back!

***SOLVED***

Following the recommendations from Milhouse, it seemed to be the very same issue even after renaming the HDDs. So I did a complete, back to SD card, reset and tried again, same issue.

Contacted Western Digital this morning and was asked if I had purchased the HDDs at the same shop or at the same time, answered yes. Seems this can be an issue even for Windows machines and is EXTREMELY RARE (Im told) - the HDDs not only had the same name but the same internal controller serial numbers on the drives. They provided a software program to run on one of the drives and they work fine now.

Change of internal serial (RARE!)
    Change of name (Dont know why I didnt think of that myself!)

And the problem is solved!

THANKS for all the help!

Ok so... following the instructions (movies, then TV shows), and issuing the commands requested.

• dmesg | pastebinit -- KdBT
    • journalctl | pastebinit -- OYQh

Also find attached a copy of the screenshot of the STORAGE screen from my Rpi2 LibreELEC. When mounting the first drive, the message comes up on the home screen, it does so again with the second drive, but it seems to see the second drive as identical to the first drive?

For the record they are the exact same model and size drives - both are WD 2Tb Elements drives.

Thanks, Rich
    [hr]
    I have been doing a little research into the hub I have - Targus ACH120AU (3 x USB3 & 4 x USB2)

Seems some of the Targus units have troubles and clash with wifi and other usb dongles. The wifi usb dongle Im using, as well as the 2.4Ghz mini keyboard work fine with or without it; removing them and only have the hub in doesnt make a difference either, and as I said before the last setup was the same only using OSMC.

Apparently the ACH115 does not work with Rpi but the ACH120 was an update with a better quality hub chipset.

Unfortunately, I dont have another hub to test with.

The USB hdd's are plugged into the USB2 ports only.

I hope we can work this out because this was an expensive hub and it is top knotch too.

Anyways, R

Hey there everyone, I hope someone might be able the shed some light for me.

I have 2 x 2Tb Western Digital hdd connected through a powered USB hub (the powered hub as 3 x USB 3 and 4 x USB 2) and the hub it plugged into a Raspberry Pi 2B - this is the same setup that I had when using OSMC and I never had an issue 'finding the drives' to add TV shows and Movies (one drive contains the TV Shows, and the other Movies).

Ive installed LibreELEC from scratch and it works fine, added the hdd's to the hub and it seems that only the first hdd plugged in can be found, and only if I search in the "root" storage. I have added the movie hdd, pointed it to the movies, scraped using the movie scraper, everything seems to have worked out perfectly... added the TV Shows hdd, and it doesnt show up.

Am I missing something?

• I tried the hdd's in the USB3 and the USB2 - same issue
    • Plug the TV Shows drive and can be found, add Movies drive and wont show.
    • Plug in the Movies drive and can be found, add TV Shows drive and wont show.
    • Tried the 2 x drives at the same time with a reboot, same issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Will Kodi only look for one hdd? Is there a way to manually add 2 USB drives in some way via the USB hub (I have no intention to remove them and if I do they will end up going back into their own port)?

Thanks! Rich.