Official RTC Shield for Odroid C2

• You're posting in the community build section which is maintained by wrxtasy and as far as I know wrxtasy doesn't do 7.9 builds yet.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be hard to include the module since it's just a change in the kernel config.

• I'm guessing it wouldn't be hard to include the module since it's just a change in the kernel config.

The news on site libreelec.tv says that the HK RTС Shield support has been added:

• Add support for HK RTC shield on Odroid C2

I yesterday installed img LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.006.img.gz

But HK Official RTC Shield is not detected:

Code
    dmesg | grep rtc
    [ 2.662196] drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: [color=#FF0000]unable to open rtc device (rtc0)[/color]

This means that the module rtc_pcf8563 is not loaded.

I think one that the developers do not speak the truth?
    OR
    Support add HK RTC Shield in release 7.90.007?

Edited once, last by blackride (September 28, 2016 at 6:18 AM).

• The LibreELEC developers may not need the time from the RTC, because all their devices are connected to the internet and the time they get from there is good enough.

Gerald

Why you are responsible for all developers?
    I did not ask you to respond. OK?

Edited once, last by blackride (September 28, 2016 at 4:23 PM).

• Why is there no need?
    The module already exists. And what is the complexity of adding it to the official image?

Could you please add to the official release?

In general, just because there is some hardware extension for the Odroid computer, does not mean LibreELEC is obligated to support it. Mind you, LibreELEC is not commercially linked to Odroid, nor are we Odroid employees.

"What is the complexity of adding it to the official image?"
    Clearly you don't have any programming experience. If every problem could be solved in 15 seconds, LibreELEC would be so incredibly stable by now. Each problem has its own challenges. Some are easy to solve, others are not.

Moreover, LibreELEC is currently still in the Alpha stages with its Krypton release. That means: things break, or might not work correctly even though functionality is added.

"I did not ask you to respond. OK?"
    Don't start being a smartass. There is little patience here with such people.

• I make

Code
    # modprobe rtc-pcf8563

and

But comand

Code
    # dmesg | grep rtc
    [    2.692209] drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)

don't see device.

Any ideas?

Edited once, last by blackride (September 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM).

• Sorry blackride but this subforum is for community builds by wrxtasy and rtc shield is supported in those builds.

Please watch your tone blackride. We all want to stay polite here!? Gerald was just trying to help you. We all do this for free in our free time and there is no need to blame someone.

There are a lot of changes going on for official LE on Amlogic devices (Odroid C2 included). We have a brand new kernel and not everything is up to shape right now. Like Klojum said we are still in alpha stage. Please be patient.

• Why you are responsible for all developers?
    I did not ask you to respond. OK?

What makes you think that I feel responsible for all developers? My English is not the best, but "may not need" should explain you that I never thought I am responsible for them.
    As there is code from me in LibreELEC for the Odroid C2 and I know the LibreELEC developers very good, I still think that my post is true, but that doesn't make me responsible for them.

It is true that you didn't ask me to respond, but you didn't ask anyone else to respond. So does this mean nobody was allowed to respond? But then your post is senseless.

Gerald

• Sorry for posting so late. The whole DTS entry is missing:
    linux-amlogic/meson64_odroidc2.dts at amlogic-3.14.y · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

I'll try to build master with this dts entry and test it with my rtc shield. If it works I'll prepare a patch.

Edited once, last by GDPR-1 (October 4, 2016 at 6:47 AM).

• I've tested and with the fixed Device Tree entry it's working.
    Don't know the reason why status is disabled. I'll try to come up with a boot.ini option.

Edited once, last by GDPR-1 (October 4, 2016 at 10:00 AM).

• I've tested and with the fixed Device Tree entry it's working.

It works?
    Do I understand correctly that it is necessary to add this line

Code
    fdtput -t s meson64_odroidc2.dtb /i2c@c1108500/pcf8563@51 status "okay"

in file "boot.ini" ?

And it should work in the next release LE? :blush: