General FAQ

• In fear of sounding stupid. Formatting is never mentioned in the help docs.
    I would guess that SDFormatter is still step one before using the tool?
    Meaning the tool does not handle formatting as well?

• There is no need to format because we write complete disk image to a USB stick/SD card. Any data on a device is overwritten.

But you can use SDFormatter tool to remove both partitions and create only one big one when you don't need this device for libreelec.

Better support for Amlogic devices: use CoreELEC

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community with limited support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• There is no need to format because we write complete disk image to a USB stick/SD card. Any data on a device is overwritten.

But you can use SDFormatter tool to remove both partitions and create only one big one when you don't need this device for libreelec.

Thanks. Makes sense

I see that multiple instances can be opened using the same image to write to 2 or more SD's at the same time.
    That helps me a lot.

When opening the Tool it remembers my last settings in Step 1
    When selecting the image file in step 2 the text in step 1 goes blank.
    It does however remember the settings and ypu can safely continue to write the image.
    When attempting to re-select the settings in step 1 the image selected in step 2 goes blank?

Using windows 10

Guessing their will be updates for bug fixes soon

• If you are selecting a local file in Step 2 you are not downloading anything so Step 1 is (correctly) blanked. If you reselect something in Step 1 you are no longer using a local file so the previously selected item in Step 2 is (correctly) blanked.

No bug here to be fixed :)

Edited once, last by chewitt ().

• If you are selecting a local file in Step 2 you are not downloading anything so Step 1 is (correctly) blanked. If you reselect something in Step 1 you are no longer using a local file so the previously selected item in Step 2 is (correctly) blanked.

No bug here to be fixed :)

Ah ok. The method behind the madness.
    Thanks for pointing that out to me.
    It all makes sense now