Intel NUC6CAY - start up issue

• Since I bought my new NUC, after plugging in to the power socket, it can't be started it via the remote (unless I press multiple times - which is an issue as I am using a Harmony that starts multiple devices at the same time e.g. TV, Ampli). As soon as it has been powered on once, then I get no issue anymore. I can turn on or off with remote without problem.

I have tried different version of the BIOS, still the same issue. Wondering if anyone who have the same NUC model has the same issue.

I have contacted Intel but they say: "To have support for a Linux alike OS, we recommend to get support from users of that OS community portal/websites, just in case you have pending drivers."

My old NUC2820 don't have the issue. Any idea?

• Google & you will find there are problems with the IR on some NUCS

an old post https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0d50p0000490tsgsau/nuc6cayh-switch-on-with-remote-not-working?language=en_us

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 350 / Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan CoreELEC from NAND

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.6 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

Mecool M8S Pro L running Android, Netflix NOT working

Nvidia Shield Running Plex Android Kodi :)

• Hi there,

Thx for your reply.

I did that already, I also reported this issue on their forum and via their support. They always say to download their Windows drivers.

I just want to make sure I am not the only one facing this specific issue with Libreelec installed. I am pretty sure it's a Bios problem.

Again, it's all working fine when you have powered on once and you keep the device under power.

• Perhaps you can find which bios version doesn’t have the issue

Although installing previous versions is not supported

NUC with LibreELEC Controlled by Logitech 350 / Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2G/16G 1000M Lan CoreELEC from NAND

H96 Pro (S912) CoreELEC 8.95.6 Controlled by Harmony 650 (configured as Mecool KIII Pro)

Mecool M8S Pro L running Android, Netflix NOT working

Nvidia Shield Running Plex Android Kodi :)