Upgrade options for Pi 3b+

• Need an upgrade for a memory issue with TvHeadEnd Server on my Pi 3b+. For some reason 1gb of Ram is just a bit too low sometimes and my attemps to solve the issue failed. Hardware replacement seem to be my only option.

I would need a SBC with 2gb RAM minimum and at least 1 usb 3 port.

Any recommendations?

• I would definitely recommend the Odroid HC2.

I swapped my big x86-based server for it, a year ago, and not regretted it all (though remember that you will be limited to just one hard drive).

I use Openmediavault as the OS and run TVH from there.

• Odroid N2 look like the best available option out there at the moment.

Going to give the Atomic Pi a spin myself, and if you aren't bothered about lack of 10bit 4K support it might be worth a look.

Shoog

• A board with 1gb should be more than enough for tvh server. If you encounter a condition which trigger a memory leak in tvh - a 2gb board will not help you.

• Just enabled it and now it's the waiting game.

It only happens like once a day around the same time.

If after a week I do not see it again crash, guess problem will be finally solved :)

• Still having issues.

Hard to say if same thing is still happening.

All I know is that new problems started occuring since i enabled swapfile...

Requires sometimes to reboot my Pi multiple times to be visible on network.

Maybe a coincidence I do not know.

Once ill have a decent crash log ill post it somewhere else from here

• Well I got tired of the problems and disabled the swapfile.

I was starting to get networking issues and instability that I have not seen before.

No new crash log giving me info on what is happening with swapfile active.

Now that it is disabled, i'm back to my old instability with killing tvheadend, out of memory.

Let's say that I want to try the Odroid N2, which version do I install on it? The same as the Odroid C2 on the download page?