[SOLVED] MXQ Pro 4K

• I wanted to create a new thread for the MXQ Pro 4K since there are I believe 4 different variations of the motherboard. Ever since 006 i have not been able to boot LE from NAND on my blue v1.0 151021 MXQ using stock firmware (p201), back in the day before Kszaq's LE in order to install OE on this box you needed to install a special custom firmware (p200) then proceed to installing OE. Since i had a copy and nothing to loose, i installed the custom version and then installed 007 using the new install method and I was surprise LE actually booted. I tried reinstalling a bunch of times using stock but always ended with a brick.

I think the main issue is LE needs a p200 bootloader while most MXQ have p201, if anyone has a recent p200 build for the v1 please post it.

Firmware I used: MEGA
    Source: index.php?topic=27.msg816#msg816

NOTE: firmware above seems to be a slimmed cleaned firmware with just bare android.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 10, 2016 at 4:25 PM).

• Check device info in Android, mine shows it in the last line as part of the "build number".

Mine does not, unfortunately.

MXQ-Pro-NEXBOX-201606031859 is my build number in Android.

I used the device tree for MXQ Pro 4K from the 006 update (which is P200, I think), as it was the only one.

• Mine does not, unfortunately.

MXQ-Pro-NEXBOX-201606031859 is my build number in Android.

I used the device tree for MXQ Pro 4K from the 006 update (which is P200, I think), as it was the only one.

You can boot in recovery and look at the recovery version.

• You can boot in recovery and look at the recovery version.

How do I do that? I could not find anything like a power menu in this Android version.

I just pressed the power button on the remote to get only "shutdown" as option.

• How do I do that? I could not find anything like a power menu in this Android version.

I just pressed the power button on the remote to get only "shutdown" as option.

easiest way is to use an app if you have root otherwise adb over network.

kszaq the new p201 dtb still bricks the mxq using p201 firmware

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 9, 2016 at 1:22 AM).

• I use hungsun img firmware to flash my first release device of MXQ pro K4 1Go/8Go... and 006 version stuck at boot of LE (with mxq pro 4K dtg provided in tree files).

i think it's a p200 device...

Someone succed to have 006 or 007 release working?

Regards.

• I tested to flash v7 image android as you talk in first message... and flash 007 version with p200 mxq pro 4K from devices_tree, and no device boot (stuck with mxq logo).
    I have same behavior with p200 1go 100m from devices_tree.

I can't test with p201 dtb img... i can't find it.. i guess Kszak deleted it.

JonSnow... What files do you put on sd to have 007 working???

Thx

• I tested to flash v7 image android as you talk in first message... and flash 007 version with p200 mxq pro 4K from devices_tree, and no device boot (stuck with mxq logo).
    I have same behavior with p200 1go 100m from devices_tree.

I can't test with p201 dtb img... i can't find it.. i guess Kszak deleted it.

JonSnow... What files do you put on sd to have 007 working???

Thx

kszaq fixed it, i flashed my stock p201 firmware then installed 007 to nand. If you look in the device tree folder you will see gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb, which i'm using now.
    NOTE: He uploaded a new version with proper LAN so i would dowload it again just to be sure.

If you want to boot using v7.img then you need to use gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, this is what i used prior to kszaq proper mxq dtb. Also remeber it depends what motherboard version you have.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 10, 2016 at 4:29 PM).

• kszaq fixed it, i flashed my stock p201 firmware then installed 007 to nand. If you look in the device tree folder you will see gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb, which i'm using now.
    NOTE: He uploaded a new version with proper LAN so i would dowload it again just to be sure.

If you want to boot using v7.img then you need to use gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, this is what i used prior to kszaq proper mxq dtb.

Thx JonSnow!
    Do you use sdcard/usb way, and you use "installtointernal" command?

With my first release of mxq pro 4K device, i can't direct install in internal memory (always stuck)... and i can't use sdcard/usb method because device reboot on android recovery... i don't know why !?! I follow instruction but no way... i used all kind of dtb.img of device tree.

I mean i use sd card method with my miniMX, and i succed :) ... so i m not a total noob lol

• Thx JonSnow!
    Do you use sdcard/usb way, and you use "installtointernal" command?

With my first release of mxq pro 4K device, i can't direct install in internal memory (always stuck)... and i can't use sdcard/usb method because device reboot on android recovery... i don't know why !?! I follow instruction but no way... i used all kind of dtb.img of device tree.

I mean i use sd card method with my miniMX, and i succed ... so i m not a total noob lol

i bricked it so many times and tried installtointernal as well as toothpick/adb both methods work when you have the correct firmware and dtb. IIRC the last install i used "installtointernal" because i wanted to backup the recovery from stock p201 firmware.

• kszaq fixed it, i flashed my stock p201 firmware then installed 007 to nand. If you look in the device tree folder you will see gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb, which i'm using now.

If you want to boot using v7.img then you need to use gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, this is what i used prior to kszaq proper mxq dtb. Also remeber it depends what motherboard version you have.

Hi.

I've a nexbox mxq pro with an amolgic s905. The board has a sticker with "MXQ-S905 1G/8G" / "RTL8189 20160315"
    The firmare v7.img that you've post works fine and I can install libreelec to internal nand using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb (p201.dtb also worked)
    This box has an uboot bug that don't let me to power off and power on from remote when I use libreelec (It turns off hdmi but only on android), and this bug is present in v7.img

Although my box isn't a "MXQ pro 4K" I've downloaded and instaled this firmware:
    FIRMWARE: TV-Box MXQ PRO 4K con SoC S905 (02-12-2016) | AndroidPC.es
    MEGA

It fits well and I can use wifi and the most important thing is that I can power off and power on from remote even on libreelec. :)
    But when I install libreelec to internal "installtointernal" my box gets bricked, no boot logo. I only can use libreelec from sdcard.

This last firmware says that my box is a p201 and the firmware in the first post (v7.img) says that my box is a p200.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or which tests I must do.

Although I can enjoy libreelec from sd I would like to use from nand.

Thanks.

• Well, I am using it from SD card,
    not from NAND, but that should be
    possible to everybody, I think.

I can't find now the steps in order to use this build with my sd card, can you guide me thru? or send me the link where the instructions are?

Thanks.