Posts by elbuit

Thanks djspawn.

I 've updated the first post and added this info.

Hi troka.

Have you tried this rom using a USB male-to-male cable?
    [cyx_MXQPro-NEXBOX_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160603_USB_uboot_mod_by_elbuit.img]

If we have the same version it should work properly.

You can revert you device to original firmware from here:
    firmware-nexbox-mxq-pro.html

But be sure that you have that nexbox version, you might have other version.

I'm glad to hear that.

Our cheap nexbox had a crappy u-boot. It's a pitty the led behaviour but I prefer to wake up from remote or CEC .

There are good news.
    I didn't expect that it worked in others devices.
    As I've seen in these pictures the remotes are quite different.
    I think that if you copy the "remote.conf" file from your original firmware, it could work.

These cheap buggy boxes are a pain in a neck.
    [hr]

Very good find. I've always told you it's a firmware issue. :D

You're right, I've tried changing uboot because I've read one of your posts here pointing u-boot as the main cause of this bug.

Those cheap boxes are very buggy but libreelec have solved that.
    Thanks kszaq.
    :)

I've solved this bug in my "NEXBOX MXQ PRO" using u-boot from a "MXQ PRO 4K" firmware:

thread-6427-post-40579.html

My NEXBOX u-boot was a crap, I couldn't enter into recovery or update mode using the toothpick method. Is seems like nexbox u-boot disables recovery button (I had to use reboot recovery or reboot update from android)
    But with a "MXQ PRO 4K" u-boot I can enter into recovery or update mode using toothpick method.

Hi all.
    I've a NEXBOX MXQ PRO that I brought last year but I haven't used until now. My box has a sticker "MXQ-S905 1G/8G" / "RTL8189 20160315" on the PCB.

These cheap boards have a well-known bug in uboot that prevents to power on the box from remote.

I've installed latest nexbox official firmware "cyx_MXQPro-NEXBOX_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160603_USB.rar" from Download latest Android Kitkat 4.4.2 stock firmware for Nexbox MXQ Pro TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

With this firmware I managed to install libreelec on the NAND storage but the annoying power-on bug persists. This is a bad quality firmware not only for power-on bug, you can't go to recovery using the toothpick method.

I've found another firmware for "mxq pro 4k" (it adds 4K to the name) dated 02-12-2016 from here:
    FIRMWARE: TV-Box MXQ PRO 4K con SoC S905 (02-12-2016) | AndroidPC.es
    Download firmware link
    This firmware solved the power-on bug!!

I was excited, because when I use this firm I can power off and even power on from libreelec and the recovery toothpick method worked!!!
    Unfortunately I didn't manage to install properly libreelec to NAND using this firmware. Although "installtointernal" script works fine, I only get a blank screen on reboot. I tried with gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb,gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb and gxbb_p201.dtb (this last firm is for a p201 version).
    I did a lot of tests without success. I could use libreelec from SD but not from NAND.

Then I found an amlogic tool that that allow me to edit images (Amlogic Customization Tool V2.0.8)

So I extracted "MXQ PRO 4K" image and copied "bootloader.partition", "ddr.usb" and "uboot.usb" from this last to the original nexbox image.

Then I burnt it using a home-made USB male to male cable to my box and It worked. I could go into recovery using toothpick method. That didn't work with standard NEXBOX firmware.

I managed to run libreelec fom SD. Power on from remote works well and the most important think is that libreelec installation to NAND worked.

I've uploaded the uboot modified firmware:
    [cyx_MXQPro-NEXBOX_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160603_USB_uboot_mod_by_elbuit.img]

Install it using male-to male USB adapter and then install libreelec.

NEWS: djspawn have built a new version for NEXBOX-A95X that fix led behaviour:

Hello everybody! I'm glad to inform, I fixed uBoot:

1. Turns on and off from the home remote with the native "Power" button (Android / AlexELEC / LibreELEC)
    2. The LEDs-indicators (were "confused" in places) are fixed: the blue LED is on, the red LED is off.

Firmware(NEXBOX-A95X 8189etv 8g1g 160812 with uboot fix) and uBoot separately can be taken here: MEGA

----------Working devices--------------
    -NEXBOX MXQ PRO
    -Nexbox A95X S905

----------------Known issues:-------------
    -The led behaviour is the oposite, when the box is turned off the blue led light is on. (This works properly on djspawn firmware mod)
    -It takes about 20 seconds to boot libreelec (15 first seconds whithout any logo, black screen, I think that booting from SD is faster)
    -It can't power on from "SUSPEND" using remote. (you must change hdmi-cec options in libreelec input devices to prevent this).

kszaq fixed it, i flashed my stock p201 firmware then installed 007 to nand. If you look in the device tree folder you will see gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_4k.dtb, which i'm using now.
    NOTE: He uploaded a new version with proper LAN so i would dowload it again just to be sure.

If you want to boot using v7.img then you need to use gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb, this is what i used prior to kszaq proper mxq dtb. Also remeber it depends what motherboard version you have.

Hi.

I've a nexbox mxq pro with an amolgic s905. The board has a sticker with "MXQ-S905 1G/8G" / "RTL8189 20160315"
    The firmare v7.img that you've post works fine and I can install libreelec to internal nand using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb (p201.dtb also worked)
    This box has an uboot bug that don't let me to power off and power on from remote when I use libreelec (It turns off hdmi but only on android), and this bug is present in v7.img

Although my box isn't a "MXQ pro 4K" I've downloaded and instaled this firmware:
    FIRMWARE: TV-Box MXQ PRO 4K con SoC S905 (02-12-2016) | AndroidPC.es
    MEGA

It fits well and I can use wifi and the most important thing is that I can power off and power on from remote even on libreelec. :)
    But when I install libreelec to internal "installtointernal" my box gets bricked, no boot logo. I only can use libreelec from sdcard.

This last firmware says that my box is a p201 and the firmware in the first post (v7.img) says that my box is a p200.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or which tests I must do.

Although I can enjoy libreelec from sd I would like to use from nand.

Thanks.