Cannot select TrueHD in the passthrough capable receiver selection

• Hi there, a new guy here.

I just installed LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi B+ and I'm trying to get it to stream bitstream TrueHD and Atmos to a capable receiver (Onkyo TX-NR777).

In went to audio settings in expert mode, left all the settings to default and then I enabled "Allow Passthrough". Thing is that I don't see TrueHD or the DTS equivalent in the list. What am I doing wrong? I've been googling quite a bit and can't find a solution.

In the logs I see "WARNING: Pulseaudio module module-allow-passthrough not loaded - opening PT devices might fail"

system logs: http://ix.io/1g5v

kodi.log: http://ix.io/1g5u

(btw I think the dates in kodi.log are wrong, I deleted it and restarted the box just to be sure and the date are still like this)

I've attached the screenshot of the audio settings.

Thanks!

Andre

• Raspberry Pi 3B+ does not support TrueHD and Atmos and other HD formats. The HTPC hardware has to detect/handle the audio to "pass it through" to the AVR device so you'll get the DTS core sound not the full HD audio stream. If you want HD audio .. it's time for an upgrade.

• Hi Chewitt,

Oh wow, I just bought that box especially to do pass through! Time to re-purpose it as a file server, I suppose. What would be my best bet if I want to build a a good stream box that will do pass through and support most audio and video formats like HDR10 and Dolby Vision in the future? I still own a 1080p TV but that should change in the coming years...

Thanks!

Andre

• I have the receiver that does Atmos, I have all the speakers installed, so that's a requirement to be able to pass through TrueHD + Atmos right now. I really can't wait to try that.

I'm looking at all the options and besides building my own (quite expensive) box I'm left with either the Nvidia Shield or the Zidoo Z9S, is that it?

• Thank you sky42, this is very helpful!

I tried to look at how I could buy a microATX PC and get all the features I want, but I figured out that could end up causing more trouble and higher cost than just buying a box that already has it all, so I just bought the Vero 4K+.

Cheers

Edited once, last by alacasse (April 16, 2019 at 5:06 PM).