Dropping Raspberry

• My library is to large for Raspberry Pi-3 or 3+ using HDhomerun TV also to be stable. Yes LibreElec works on Raspberry but crashes more than I like. No been down the road with log files it always comes back lack of memory

Looking for recommendations for a fan less PC supported running only LibreElec only

• Personally, I think intel pc's are a good bet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15sbtsk3ueetoerj16w3elzyjev1xwrz15ue1icyp3o8/edit#gid=0

just to give you a few more ideas

OK I setup a Gigabyte NUC Intel Celeron J1900 Mini PCup to 2.42GHz with 4 gigs ram running Kodi 18.1 (Linux Kernel 4.19.x) off a USB 32gig Thumb drive. Setting up was easy ! Everything is running. First test was HDHomerun plugin Channel Guide scanning in was extremely slow compared to Raspberry P1-3+ but it works. Next thing is scanning in my Library again awfully slow compared to Pi-3+. No crashes but slow as molasses ! Is there some tweaks I am missing ?

• You have a new MAC address now. Maybe you have to fix some router settings to speed up data transfer.

Hmmm never done that before ? the blinking light network on the NUC is orange compared to green with all others

In LibreElec under Libre settings shows interface (etho) state ready (phcp) address ip 10.0.0.158

All others are from 10.0.0.5 to 10.0.0.60

Edited once, last by Rickt1962 (April 16, 2019 at 2:04 PM).

• Hmmm never done that before ?

OK, if you never did special router settings for the RPi, then it's probably no router problem.

OK I setup a Gigabyte NUC Intel Celeron J1900 Mini PCup to 2.42GHz with 4 gigs ram running Kodi 18.1 (Linux Kernel 4.19.x) off a USB 32gig Thumb drive.

I don't understand this. Do you run LibreELEC? Do you run an OS at "live" mode directly from an USB stick (that is slow for sure)?

• OK, if you never did special router settings for the RPi, then it's probably no router problem.

I don't understand this. Do you run LibreELEC? Do you run an OS at "live" mode directly from an USB stick (that is slow for sure)?

I had installed Kodi 18.1 (Linux Kernel 4.19.x) on a thumb drive booted the NUC and it ran the installer I plugged in another 32 gig thumb drive on 3.0 USB to be the main drive it installed with no problem. When finished it asked to remove the original thumb drive with the installer and reboot. Everything works just updating the library is taking days ! And yes never had to do anything special with the Raspberry's to run my Library from my cloud using NFS

P.S. No crashes but a lot of freezing

• I had installed Kodi 18.1 (Linux Kernel 4.19.x) on a thumb drive booted the NUC and it ran the installer I plugged in another 32 gig thumb drive on 3.0 USB to be the main drive it installed with no problem. When finished it asked to remove the original thumb drive with the installer and reboot. Everything works just updating the library is taking days ! And yes never had to do anything special with the Raspberry's to run my Library from my cloud using NFS

P.S. No crashes but a lot of freezing

I'm very sure the target USB device is the bottleneck. Try to install it on an internal drive (SSD or M.2).

• I'm very sure the target USB device is the bottleneck. Try to install it on an internal drive (SSD or M.2).

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!! Just purchased PNY 120 gig SSD $ 24.99 reinstalled LibreElec and just under hour already have 306 TV shows loaded compared to 10 with a thumb drive ! Can't wait to have all my Library in to see how stable it is compared to Raspberry ! THANK YOU Da Flex for all your help !