[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• I am running a MINIX NEO X8-H Plus

I have used the Krypton image from 04-18 and it runs great from my memory card

This is the one from 04-18 that works LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-8.0.2.img.gz

I have tried the new image from 05-10 and I get the screen below.

I have tried all images in the 05-10 folder with same result.

Even if I let it scan and repair it gives errors.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

• Official Post

I have tried the new image from 05-10 and I get the screen below.

You are trying to run from external media to new system or it is the result after upgrading ?
    [hr]

I installed your build 20170418 as perfect works except wifi and bluetooth. How can I use it?

Unfortunately, I can't check, I have no such equipment.
    [hr]

I'm sorry but I can't follow you... I downloaded the image for my minix x8-h plus and try to boot. Impossible. Well, I changed one file named s805_autoscript with another downloaded from your directory. Also I changed the name for aml_autoscript. Boot again and now, minix said that can't mount flash...
    Now I read I must downloaded boot.src? Excuse me but at this point I need, please, somebody makes clear information about the method to use libreelec with minix x8-h. Thanks

To run these images, you need to activate multi-download.
    [hr]

I have a LeeBox MS9 812 TV Box. When I use the tooth pick method with any of the newer images it just boots to the LeeBox Image screen, then to a black screen, I see a "reboot" message flash in the bottom left of the screen and it will continue the cycle over and over again. Any suggestions?

delete from media (after one time use) script aml_autoscript.

• You are trying to run from external media to new system or it is the result after upgrading ?
    [hr]

Unfortunately, I can't check, I have no such equipment.
    [hr]

To run these images, you need to activate multi-download.
    [hr]

delete from media (after one time use) script aml_autoscript.

I have tried to run the image from a new install on sd card, and I also tried the upgrade path but same error when trying to run.

• Official Post

hi I have tried several files on my mxq s812 m10 m8s and I cant seem to enable multi boot if my life depended on it. I have tried using s805 auto_script and it errors right off the bat. I do what you say and update inside of android and nothing always error even with the universal. also yesterday I had got it to flash using usb tool but its a different rom (m8s) and its a (mxq) also I cant find any device tree files. its using n200 so I'm lost haha I'm sorry

to activate the multi-boot you need to use the SD card. After a one-time activation multi-boot , you can use USB media to embed the image.

• M8S+ and last working LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-8.0.0.zip
    LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-8.0.2.img.gz not working.
    You can make a build similar or is that supposed to work (M8S/MXIII_Plus/LAN_100)?

• balbes150 I have an "Ott" M8S S812, which I think is an odd version, and so far none of the LibreElec or Armbian builds have worked. Because there aren't any Lollipop builds that I can find that will run on this device, I'm desperate to find an *Elec or Android build that can run a modern Kodi with hardware acceleration.

I just get the dreaded disk related errors on boot, currently...

The android firmware from the thread below works, but note that really the second one ( Stage2-NEW-M8S.BCM4335.Oct29.2015-SDflash.rar ) is the only real/proper one for the device. Is the DTB used in that second one different than any that you have currently? If not, any suggestions on why it won't work?

[WARNING][UNBRICK-How-To] OTT M8S Owners [WARNING] - FreakTab.com

Thank you for all your hard work!

• Anyone can try the new test version for Minix\bcm4335.
    Pay attention, I have not tested this way.

Yandex.Disk

I'd be more than happy to test it on my X8-H Plus, but I don't know how to update to .gz files. Can you provide a .tar? I just copy the .tar in the Update folder and reboot. I'm not using dual boot but just internal flash memory since day one using OpenElec more than two years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• I'd be more than happy to test it on my X8-H Plus, but I don't know how to update to .gz files. Can you provide a .tar? I just copy the .tar in the Update folder and reboot. I'm not using dual boot but just internal flash memory since day one using OpenElec more than two years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'be tested the new image. Same like before, connect to wifi but it is not stable. I cannot download any addon. Sorry, no luck with Kodi 17,1 for minix.X8-H Plus.

• Anyone can try the new test version for Minix\bcm4335.

Yandex.Disk

These fail to boot with no useful output :(

I seem to recall that the old M8S s812 build of Openelec 6.x from this guy used to work:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rom from then:
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S812-6.0-update.zip
    OpenELEC-AmlMedia.arm-M8S-6.0.0.4.zip

Edited once, last by ilikenwf (May 13, 2017 at 10:27 AM).

• These fail to boot with no useful output :(

I seem to recall that the old M8S s812 build of Openelec 6.x from this guy used to work:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rom from then:
    OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-S812-6.0-update.zip
    OpenELEC-AmlMedia.arm-M8S-6.0.0.4.zip

I have the Minix X8-H Plus since two years, before that I've used the Minix X8-H. Both worked brilliantly with the OpenElec 5.0.8 builds from a guy called @surkovalex.

His builds are still available online:
    MEGA

Version 5.0.8.7 is the best one, the X8HP files are for the X8-H Plus, and the X8 files for the X8 and the X8-H.
    Basically, everything you want/need in that one works. But it's not Krypton and not LibreElec.
    Maybe someone more experienced than me can extract the Wi-Fi drivers from there?

Edited once, last by Arcee (May 13, 2017 at 10:34 AM).

• balbes150 I believe that myself and others who have the same device as I do may have been operating under a slightly false assumption, in that it seems that these OTT M8S clones (down to even the sticker) with both the AP and BCM wireless are actually 1G/8G when they are sold and advertised as 2G/8G, unless there's just not a working firmware out there for them.

Even back in the day early Openelec builds never worked with 2G ram enabled...

Anyway, here are the 1G/8G dts and dtb files for both the AP and BCM versions (m8m2_bcm4335_n200C_1G and m8m2_n200C_1G):
    MEGA

If I wanted to test using either of these dtb/dts files, would I need to actually build LibreElec? I have a server rack in the basement, but my Android/Openelec/Rockbox ARM build VM is probably out of date. And I haven't yet built any of the OpenElec based software before.

Edited once, last by ilikenwf (May 13, 2017 at 11:35 AM).

• Uploaded a corrected version of the image MXIII Plus (20170513).
    [hr]

I'll see what I can use from these data.

Thanks! Even when there is crossover on some you already have, I notice many differences in some, if you run a diff against them.

You may want to ignore the bcm4335 one in my case at least, it does not work. I just found what should be the OEM firmware image on a Russian forum, and will test the firmware in a moment...

The dtb/dts are now in the mega drive, too (m8m2_n200_1G).

edit: I think that m8m2_n200C_1G is the only one that works so far as far as android is concerned.

Edited once, last by ilikenwf (May 13, 2017 at 12:55 PM).

• Official Post

For those who have versions of the images 20170510 and they do not run external drives, try replacing the script s805_autoscript at the root of the first partition to this.

Yandex.Disk

The audits found that very often the reason for the poor run LE from SD card is poor compatibility of different SD cards with the card reader in the TV box. Therefore, anyone having problems running LE from the external media, we recommend to test the startup with USB stick.

• I found in the error images with the launch. Please don't use images version 20170510.

:)

Glad I was not crazy Thanks for working so hard on these images.
    [hr]

Anyone can try the new test version for Minix\bcm4335.

Yandex.Disk

Tested but neither will boot. back to May build and booting okay.

Thanks For all the hard work
    [hr]

Uploaded a corrected version of the image MXIII Plus (20170513).
    [hr]

I'll see what I can use from these data.

Tried the new 05/13 file. unfortunately same error when booting starts then says corrupted file.

I tried fresh install, and I tried the update as well. I am using an sdcard as before

Anything I can do to assist in getting this working ?

Cheers