Logitech Harmony Elite remote control

• Hello,

I've LibreELEC 7.0.2 running on Wetek OpenELEC (Play) box. I've a Logitech Hamrony Elite remote that I use to control all of my other AV devices.

I would like to know is it possible to control the Wetek box with LE using elite remote ? If so can someone provide a dummbies guide please ?

Thanks

• Assuming the device has IR, most Wetek boxes can be added by simply adding a device to your Elite in MyHarmony, but you can also select "Microsoft" "MCE Keyboard" or "Microsoft" "Windows Media Center SE".
    If you do so, most buttons will work immidiately. If buttons don't work like you want to, you can use the keymap editor script (search in addons) to adjust them. It is really very easy.

If you have an remote with your Box, you can let the ELite learn the commands through Myharmony. Most of the times this is necessary for power on/off.

I have an Elite myself and use it with LE.

Edited once, last by Bloksel (September 6, 2016 at 9:21 AM).

• I'm having trouble pairing Elite with LibreElec over bluetooth. With OpenElec 6.0.3 it works just fine. It's very snappy to use over bluetooth (navigating through menus and so on), so I would prefer to use bluetooth over IR. In fact I'm using combination of both with OpenElec because there's not enough "buttons" to use over bluetooth (Microsoft Media Center and -Player as devices on Harmony).

• Are you trying to pair from your cell phone? This can take some time and effort but it should work. When you first posted I thought you should be posting in the logitech forums but recently logitech has completely shredded the forums and now they are useless. No help there. I found that toggling the librelec activity on and off on my phone ultimately worked. Eventually the harmony showed up as discoverable in the libreelec bluetooth settings.

• Are you trying to pair from your cell phone? This can take some time and effort but it should work. When you first posted I thought you should be posting in the logitech forums but recently logitech has completely shredded the forums and now they are useless. No help there. I found that toggling the librelec activity on and off on my phone ultimately worked. Eventually the harmony showed up as discoverable in the libreelec bluetooth settings.

Harmony shows up in LE bluetooth-settings, but it doesn't stay connected after reboot and doesn't work at all even if I get it paired. With Openelec pairing was one time job and has worked for weeks after that without any problem.

• I use my Harmony Elite in collaboration with a Flirc so can assign any kind of keyboard combination to a remote IR value.

My keymaps gen.xml is configured as such so the power puts OpenELEC/LibreELEC into suspend mode immediately, or open favorites with the DVR button and switch video soundtracks (to say commentary tracks) with one blue button click.

Love it.

<keymap>
    <global>
    <keyboard>
    <f11 mod="ctrl">activatewindow(favourites)</f11>
    <f12 mod="ctrl">XBMC.Suspend()</f12>
    </keyboard>
    </global>
    <fullscreenvideo>
    <keyboard>
    <f10 mod="ctrl">audionextlanguage</f10>
    </keyboard>
    </fullscreenvideo>
    </keymap>

• Harmony shows up in LE bluetooth-settings, but it doesn't stay connected after reboot and doesn't work at all even if I get it paired. With Openelec pairing was one time job and has worked for weeks after that without any problem.

I have the same problem when I use the Elite's Bluetooth keyboard connection in LE. I presumed the Elite tried to connect before LE was completely started up. But if you say it worked in OE (Never tried it in OE), then that can't be the problem.

I prefer the remote's IR function and have placed an extender before the IR receiver. There is zero delay in the signals. With the Bluetooth keyboard connection I notice a smal delay when going up/down/left//right throught the menu's/options.

• I'm having trouble pairing Elite with LibreElec over bluetooth. With OpenElec 6.0.3 it works just fine. It's very snappy to use over bluetooth (navigating through menus and so on), so I would prefer to use bluetooth over IR. In fact I'm using combination of both with OpenElec because there's not enough "buttons" to use over bluetooth (Microsoft Media Center and -Player as devices on Harmony).

Hello, Can you please explain how did you connect over bluetooth ? Thanks

• Works fine for me with a chromebox with libreelec.

There seems to be a problem with the latest Harmony software. I have two Asus boxes; one runs the latest alpha, the other runs Milhouse builds. Both worked fine with the Harmony hub. Today I did a clean install on the Milhouse box and the Harmony remote (keyboard) is not recognized. Every other BT device I have pops up immediately -- even my iPhone which has the Harmony app.

On the Mac, the myHarmony app now longer works -- you can't sign in, and the logitech website is pretty much broken, including the forums. Probably they will get around to fixing this but I'm really glad I have two Chromeboxes. Not holding my breath.

• I have also two boxes, other with Openelec (bluetooth working just fine), and other with LibreElec 7.0.2 stable, and I just can't get it paired. With IR navigation is very slobby, so I don't want to use that after I've used to bluetooth with Openelec. Could there be some problem that Harmony won't pair with other box?

• I have also two boxes, other with Openelec (bluetooth working just fine), and other with LibreElec 7.0.2 stable, and I just can't get it paired. With IR navigation is very slobby, so I don't want to use that after I've used to bluetooth with Openelec. Could there be some problem that Harmony won't pair with other box?

I gave up and bought a FLIRC which works fine. Once again I should note that the box picks every bluetooth device in my house except for Harmony.

• I just wonder whether one should first remove Kodi device all together from Harmony software, and after that pair again with another box (and I don't in fact remember exactly how I paired it with Openelec). I tried to find how-to for that, but didn't find it anymore. Or is there something different with bluetooth on Openelec (6.0.3) and Libreelec 7.0.2?

This is a bit of a shame because my Openelec install is getting old and a bit buggy, and I would like to upgrade my main box, but don't want to do it because I don't want to loose finally perfectly working remote with Openelec.

• Is it normal that it takes about 10-15s after boot up before remote starts to work? Is there some way to speed up hub pairing with PC after booting?

Edited once, last by BoxFreak (January 5, 2017 at 12:01 PM).

• I've managed to pair my hub with libreelec using bluetooth, but none of the buttons work (on the remote and in the app).

I've tried with Microsoft - Kodi and Microsoft - Media Center SE.

I have had CEC set up, which I removed and nothing changed.

Am I missing something obvious?