MK808b plus firmware

• I know LOL, this thread is over a year old but me too I would like to revive my MK808b+ so if anyone still has the files i would be grateful if you could send them my way

Cheers,

Luc

• My HD18Q image from the LE 9.2 branch can be used on the MK808B+, but unfortunately bluetooth won't work.

If this doesn't bother you, you can find the image here: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/S805/

Related topic:

dtech
    February 7, 2021 at 2:33 PM
  • My HD18Q image from the LE 9.2 branch can be used on the MK808B+

hey dude thanks for that! I had one in a box from donkies years ago and just updated from 7.90beta4 lol

it still has an openelec splash screen on boot, any idea how to get rid of that?

and even though it says CEC connected on startup it doesn't recognise my Samsung remote?

thanks again!

• it still has an openelec splash screen on boot, any idea how to get rid of that?

Well, that's very interesting, because the LibreELEC logo is part of the initramfs, which is in the kernel.img.

If you are running LE from an sd card, please enter this command under SSH:

Code
    md5sum /flash/kernel.img

If you do not get this result: ec3c1d0e0774093d2eabf6deb599f28f, the update failed for some reason.

(But if you are running LE from NAND, this command will not work, because there is no kernel.img under the "flash" mount point.)

and even though it says CEC connected on startup it doesn't recognise my Samsung remote?

Try to enable CEC manually in uboot:

Code
    fw_setenv cecconfig cec1f

Then restart the box...

• dtech no sd card, I must have had openelec on there before I installed libreelec and I think it's getting the openeelec logo in something like 'bootloader config' before kodi even loads?

where do I find the uboot settings?

cheers

• dtech no sd card, I must have had openelec on there before I installed libreelec and I think it's getting the openeelec logo in something like 'bootloader config' before kodi even loads?

where do I find the uboot settings?

cheers

Can I get a dmesg and an fw_printenv output?

• and....file attached

thanks!

• Everything looks good from the kernel side, I think the boot logo has been replaced by a custom ROM. If you can tolerate to see the OE logo appear on startup, you don’t have to deal with it because it doesn’t affect anything. However, if this bothers you, you will need to restore the factory Android ROM (this will restore the boot logo) and then install the LibreELEC image from the SD card to the NAND (with installtointernal script).

And to make CEC work, the fw_setenv cecconfig cec1f I wrote earlier must be run, because fw_printenv says it's still turned off:

Code
    cecconfig=cec0