general question about scrapping speed

• Hello, I started to use my rpi3 with recalbox, but kodi16 started to be not enough so i installed directly Kodi18 with libreelec. I reinstalled it several time by now, and months after that I must admit that Kodi18 is at least three time slower to scrap than Kodi16, whatever source it is (even if I mostly use local information only videos, on hdd or lan). I am now wondering why ? the only thing that changed is the old sd card where i kept recalbox, could it be the only reason why ?

• I must admit that Kodi18 is at least three time slower to scrap than Kodi16,

The overall speed of scraping ( not scrapping ;) ) indeed received a sizable dent, especially for Kodi 18. The default scraper for TV Shows has been changed to TMDB, as there appeared some irreconcilable differences between Kodi and the TVDB website. TMDB has a different scraper, and likely the TMDB background API and server do not have the snappiness that was once available a couple of years ago. It's not ideal, but it does work.

SD cards in general have lousy write speeds. It helps to pay more attention to the actual/tested write speeds of SD cards.

• SD cards in general have lousy write speeds. It helps to pay more attention to the actual/tested write speeds of SD cards.

Samsung Evo has been a big improvement over my previous Sandisk Ultra SD Cards.

See some pics attached i had kept after testing.

• As I said I'm actually using Local Info Only on LAN, so the scrapping website isn't in the issue: I do not scrap, ever, on previous sd/kodi I was doing the same but via usb. But It looks like I found the issue : I just switched on a modern sd and I found back a correct speed. Maybe the fact I ask to scan more local files than people using regular scrap was even more slow than usual...

PS: I use TinyMediaManager on PC to scrap my lan files