[Wetek Play 2] Video judders back every few seconds on live TV

• I just feel that whilst the video isn't juddering, on programs where there is smooth motion, sports, I feel as if there are frames being skipped. The ticker for example at the bottom I can see flickers a little.

Forgot to add that it's a wetek play 2 running 8.95.2

Here is the log:

http://ix.io/1yhx

Edited once, last by mfizz (January 19, 2019 at 11:33 PM).

• Any assistance on this

Is there a fire somewhere? Bumping one's own thread under 24 hours is not chique as per forum etiquette.

feel as if there are frames being skipped.

Sports in video, especially sports involving some type of ball, are not suited for 24-30fps videos. 50-60fps is the minimum IMO.

I don't know what happened in the latter part of your log file, PVR is not really my department.

• Thank you for your response. Apologies.

I have set the refresh rate to change, which it did, to 50hz. I can see from my TV it is set at 50hz. There was a resolution change pop up message from kodi which i clicked yes. I suppose i'll have to do a fresh debug log, and try again.

• I am back as this issue hasn't really gone.

http://ix.io/1bgq

I keep getting the following error every few seconds in the debug log

Code
    17:41:15.313 T:3463439216   DEBUG: write codec data failed, write_bytes(-1), errno(11), size(273)
    17:41:15.334 T:3463439216   DEBUG: usleep(RW_WAIT_TIME), len(0)
    17:41:15.334 T:3463439216   DEBUG: CAMLCodec::Decode: write_av_packet looping
    17:41:20.685 T:3413099376   DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 3413099376 terminating (autodelete)
    17:41:26.353 T:3463439216   DEBUG: write codec data failed, write_bytes(-1), errno(11), size(12056)
    17:41:26.374 T:3463439216   DEBUG: usleep(RW_WAIT_TIME), len(0)
    17:41:26.374 T:3463439216   DEBUG: CAMLCodec::Decode: write_av_packet looping

I looked online and saw this post for OSMC which is showing similar symptoms to mine, but it seems to have resolved the issue there.

I tried the command:

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_hd

Which i believe turns deinterlacing off. The video doesn't stutter (based on the ticker at the bottom) However the video looks bad now.

Any help please, what can i do next?

• For refernce here is what seems to be the same issue in osmc:

Problems with LiveTV stuttering on Vero 4k+ - Vero 4K / Vero 4K + - OSMC Forums

So further expand on the issue, with that command whilst it works nicely on the specific case of the sports I am trying to watch, The "text" on the screen looks extremely pixelated almost as if it is SD.

Furthermore other videos are affected too, such as when playing 24hz content sometimes the picture isn't smooth and so turning this back on fixes this issue.

As a temporary fix, until the devs can have a proper look and resolve it, can i just have deinterlacing off for 50hz live tv only? how can i achieve this?

• is that to try coreelec? Because they use different drivers for DVb and I cannot use dvb tools with it.

In addition the problem of stuttering or judder during live TV is also present on sd channels as well

• Just tried it and it works lol. Its so frustrating all but one of my problems are non-existent in core, fixed the audio issue too. I'll raise this issue in the s905 thread perhaps it will get more attention