Playing M3U streams from URL

• Hi, updating from LE 8.2.5 to LE 9.01 have discovered a problem trying to integrate M3U and EPG lists from a URL address. I have tested it with 8.2.5 and it works however 9.0.1 will not access these remote files. 9.0.1 does work when using files not url. I have tried this with both PVR Simple Client and 'TV Guide Fullscreen" with the above results. I believe it to be a fundamental problem with Kodi 18/LE 9.0.1 not the addons.

Any advice would be appreciated.:)

• I think you will give more information to help you. Like Kodi debug log for a start when you try to play one item from PVR Simple Client.

fundamental problem :)

• Hi unfortunately unable to provide a log as I have gone back to LE 8.2.5. The problem occurs before an item can be played as neither the Channels, epg, or icons etc can not be downloaded from URL. It does work if the "File" option is used where files have been previously download say from a Windows PC onto a USB.

• I'm using PVR Simple Client and I'm sure bunch of other people too. Successfully of course. So it issue only on your system. But we will never know what was it.

• Hi, managed to provide a log (attached). This is a clean build of Libreelec 9.0.1

1. Uses Simple PVR client, the same issue occures for other guide programs.

2. Entered m3u and epg URL paths. Have removed from log as it has my personal info. (did test using browser and all ok)

3. Opened TV and no Channels nor Guide.

:)

• This is your first problem

Code
    ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)

So it is DNS issue after all ;)

You can test your link from ssh console with wget or curl

Code
    wget -O test_iptv http://your_link

Also next time post DEBUG kodi log. And it is fundamental issue (but only to you).

• No need for a debug log until you fix your dns issue on your box. If it works on firefox doesn't mean it will work the same on LE box.

Post one of the URL you use. Remove only password or other sensitive information.

Those wget command above has nothing to do with kodi. It is just a test if stream can be downloaded.

• Hi,

looked into the /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple folder (using WinSCP) and found the m3u list downloaded ok, the settings xml seemed to look ok however no cache folder for the epg, I think this could be the problem. The URL is epg.xml.gz.

As above I tried using SSH on the epg file and it worked ok. (screen shot attached)

• What you posted is EPG file. But how your stream url looks we still don't know. And this is your problem. In kodi log you have My Personal Address. What is it in real? At least what is the server part http://some_server_name.com/? Because this server name can't be reached by name on LE box. Why? Who knows until we see what it is :D

• So what happens when you run wget with full url of your stream

Code
    wget -O test_iptv http://portal.geniptv.com:8080/.........

Does it download stream or not? Can you post the result you get on console?

• I get:

wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorised

The file is however downloaded as I stated earlier and stored in iptv.m3u.cache.

It seems the m3u file is downloaded after all however the epg file is not in simple client/addon data folder. This is creating a problem in Simple client??

• Sorry but seems I don't understand anymore what is what. In your kodi log there is indication Couldn't resolve host name. But with whet you get Unauthorised. This are two different problems.

• Not certain either from my perspective. I think the "unauthorized" is not stopping the m3u download as i can see it in the Addon Data Folder.

What I know is when I enter the same m3u URL address and the EPG url address

the PVR Simple Client does not return anything into Live TV. I think this issue could be in the EPG. Also it works in LE 8.5 but doesn't seem to in LE 9.01.

Any way thanks for your help, I will keep playing around with it at my end. Regards