WeTek Play Update to 9.0.1 failed

• I meet exactly the same problem.
    I tried to update from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 both downloading using the menu and copy the file to .update.
    I see that the file is unpacked but it ends with the message as above,

Fortunately it reboots back in 9.0.0

• Hi, I experience the same problem, and I have not tried the workaround mainly since I hope that a permanent solution will be available soon and that I'm not that comfortable doing the workaround.

I'm a less experienced user that uses WinSCP to access the Libreelec system on my Wetek Play 1.

So, my question is really - when can permanent solution be available or do I need to use the workaround for each update from now on?

• Hi, I experience the same problem, and I have not tried the workaround mainly since I hope that a permanent solution will be available soon and that I'm not that comfortable doing the workaround.

I'm a less experienced user that uses WinSCP to access the Libreelec system on my Wetek Play 1.

So, my question is really - when can permanent solution be available or do I need to use the workaround for each update from now on?

I've been having the same problem. The system was running fine on LibreElec 8.0.2 and after the upgrade to 9.0.0 I've had nothing but problems with no answers yet this is something that multiple people are reporting now so it's hardly a specific issue with my hardware or software set up and much more likely to be an issue with the 9.0.0 upgrade.

I've tried to downgrade the system the only way I know how and nothing - it's locked into 9.0.0. So at the moment I have a redundant unit!

• Hello,

Pardon me for jumping in,

Attemps to upgrade the wetek box after 9.0.,0 pretty much trashed it.

After a couple of failed 9.0.1 upgrades the addons won't update.

I did the delete the addon db trick and now something else is wrong.

I'm fine throwing the box out and getting a newer play2.

I already have one of those and it works great

But now my concern is future support.

Am I worried for nothing?

• @clobybob28 Thanks this worked for me and got me updated to from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2

I'll maybe add some detail for those not competent with CLI

Connect using putty from your windows PC or other and the IP address of the wetek.

then type the following commands

cd /storage/.update/flash

nano post-flash.sh

at this point a text editor will be on screen so add these lines to it without the numbers at the start of the lines.

1. #!/bin/sh
    2. export IMAGE_KERNEL="KERNEL"

Press ctrl+x and then y to save

cd /storage/.update

wget releases.libreelec.tvLibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-9.0.2.tar

wait for it to finish downloading and then type reboot.

The update should then install correctly.

Hopefully this helps others.

• Hi, thanks for the detailed description. I have tried and unfortunately is does not work for me.
    I still get the same error message.
    I have also one other observation. The folder "flash" does not exist, so it have to be created separately.

So for my Wetek Play 1 it appears that I am stuck on version 9.0.0 and have to rely on my RaspberryPie instead. The lack of solutions should maybe be considered before purchasing Wetek products.

• Hello, back in business again - the fix works. I may have missunderstood the description.

The file "post-flash.sh" should be added to the "/flash" folder not the "/storage/.update/flash" as I tried. and the command "mount -o remount,rw /flash" gave me the needed access.

Problem solved (for now), thank you.