Posts by calex71

@clobybob28 Thanks this worked for me and got me updated to from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2

I'll maybe add some detail for those not competent with CLI

Connect using putty from your windows PC or other and the IP address of the wetek.

then type the following commands

cd /storage/.update/flash

nano post-flash.sh

at this point a text editor will be on screen so add these lines to it without the numbers at the start of the lines.

1. #!/bin/sh
    2. export IMAGE_KERNEL="KERNEL"

Press ctrl+x and then y to save

cd /storage/.update

wget releases.libreelec.tvLibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-9.0.2.tar

wait for it to finish downloading and then type reboot.

The update should then install correctly.

Hopefully this helps others.

Please note that OpenELEC has been basically 'dead' for 2 years now. Some habits die hard, perhaps. :)

Ha yes I know that lol, I only mentioned OpenElec in the context of the version of the Wetek Play box I'm using, I've had Libreelec on it since version 7 I think.

I'll do some reading over the week on on key mappings and see what happens. To me it looks like the keybindings for the smaller wetek remote are in use after the update and not the larger black remote, you can see the remotes in the link in my OP

I have basic functionality so not really a massive issue but many buttons do not work at all on the remote and some function unexpectedly.

EGP/TV Guide button doesn't work at all , nor does favorites (star button) . The back button will actually bring up favorites if I am on the home screen. Coloured buttons do not function.

Attempted to use an alternative keymap https://kodi.wiki/view/alternative_keymap_for_wetek_remotes but that led to me having to reflash the nand :D

UPDATE : Got it installed

I found this thread before posting earlier LibreELEC

but my factory_update_param.aml didn't have the wipe data or cache commands . Checked my pc for the 7.0.2 version and it's factory_update_param.aml had those so I edited the 7.0.3 one on my card and added those in and the install worked correctly

Hi all,

I had nand corruption on my Wetek Openelec box (running Libreelec 7.0.2 and recently updated to 7.0.3) so I needed to do a clean nand install.

I got the 7.0.3 files and reflashed it , it sits on the libreelec splash screen for a long time then returns the following error:

*** Error in mount_storage: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/data ***
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
    # _

Any ideas? I've tried it 3 times and get the same error returned.

Many thanks.