Posts by angelboy

Hi, I experience the same problem, and I have not tried the workaround mainly since I hope that a permanent solution will be available soon and that I'm not that comfortable doing the workaround.

I'm a less experienced user that uses WinSCP to access the Libreelec system on my Wetek Play 1.

So, my question is really - when can permanent solution be available or do I need to use the workaround for each update from now on?

I've been having the same problem. The system was running fine on LibreElec 8.0.2 and after the upgrade to 9.0.0 I've had nothing but problems with no answers yet this is something that multiple people are reporting now so it's hardly a specific issue with my hardware or software set up and much more likely to be an issue with the 9.0.0 upgrade.

I've tried to downgrade the system the only way I know how and nothing - it's locked into 9.0.0. So at the moment I have a redundant unit!

It doesn't matter how a tar or img.gz file ends up in the .update folder, as long as it is for the correct type of device it should work.

Updating via internal eMMC storage on Android devices is not covered in my expertise.

It's always worked before doing it this way but now the system is crashing. It worked fine for the 9.0 update file - other than files crashing on playback.

I've downloaded the file from here - WeTek Play 1 – LibreELEC - so it's definitely the right one.

Any types of "builds", "wizards" or other banned repositories/addons will get you no support here (or on the Kodi forum) whatsoever.

Please familiarize yourself (again) with our forum rules, especially those regarding video piracy.

Sorry about that - I just wanted to try and see if it would work to try and narrow down what might be the cause of the freezes and then be as honest as possible so that someone might have an idea of why it's happening. It seems that it's freezing regardless.

Why would the wetek crash when I uploaded the new 9.01 TAR file into the update folder via the network?

I've just updated my Wetek Play1 box with the latest LibreELEC 9.0 with Kodi 18 Leia and it worked for a little while then I noticed that when a movie finished it would crash with a short repeating loop. My only option was to pull the plug. This happened several times after watching movies. I then downloaded the 9.01 TAR file and put it in the update folder (over the network) and it crashed the machine on startup with an error message saying it was not recoverable (the 'wait 120 seconds message or press any button to shut it down' message'). I only discovered that this was the cause after trying to re-install the update after several attempts. So instead of trying to install the 9.01 I left it on 9.0 and installed the 'No Limits' build to see if that would solve the problem but no luck. The interface would work find, scroll through all the various options, but as soon as I would load a movie it would just crash the box. I've tried leaving the interface clean with just a single add-on but again, it crashed when I play a movie/TV show.

What's happening and how on earth do I fix it?