LibreELEC 9 vs Intel Atom and Intel Celeron

• Hi,

There are more and more mini PC available using low cost x86 ICs from Intel such as Intel Atom and Intel Celeron.

Therefore I have 2 main questions:

1) I am using LibreELEC 8.0.2.1 specific version for Intel Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC (Intel Compute Stick BOXSTCK1A8LFCL) and it is working well.

The Intel Atom chips such as Z3735F Bay Trail and x5-Z8300 Cherry Trail are using a 32 bit EFI boot from what I have understood.

Is it possible to have a clear status on LibreELEC 9 vs Intel Atom chips ?

There are different contradicting posts on 32 bit boot support for LE 9.

Is LibreELEC 9 working on STCK1A8LFC or STK1AW32SC ?

2) Are Intel Apollo Lake processor (N3xx0) or Intel Gemini Lake processor (N4x00) also concerned with 32 bit boot ?

Are they compatible natively with LibreELEC 9 ?

Thanks !

• Official Post

Is it possible to have a clear status on LibreELEC 9 vs Intel Atom chips ?

I don't think any of the LibreELEC team members have Intel Compute sticks to work/test with. Also the total number of users of such hardware is by now microscopically small.

The 32bit boot was also a challenge at the time. The lack of success and again the targeted number of LE users was likely the reason for us to stop paying attention to those 32/64bit combo devices.

If you find a working community version for your Compute Stick, that's all fine. But right now we only offer one generic build for x86-64 hardware.

• The LE9 Generic image includes an EFI32 boot loader.

But this is useless theoretical discussion. Create an LE9 Generic installation stick, type "run" at first boot for persistent live mode and test if your hardware is working.

• If you considering to go for a NUC, mITX board or Odroid H2 there should be no problems. I use a Asrock J3455-ITX and it boots up flawless.