WeTek Play 2 hardware decode problems after LE 9.0.1 upgrade

• After upgrading my WeTek Play 2 to LE 9.0.1 I started to notice some videos were stuttering after a few minutes of play. Then I noticed hardware decoding was inactive and my box was running at 82C due to the software decoding!

First I thought it may caused by enabling sleep mode on the box, so I turned that off. But the problem is definitely still there and it seems to be random. If I play ~20 random HD videos there's a very high chance one of them will cause hardware decoding to become inactive. Once it becomes inactive it stays that way for all videos I play until I reboot the box.

Is anyone else having an issue like this? Is there a way to disable software decoding completely? If hardware decoding is not on I want some kind of warning or the box to refuse software decoding. I'm trying to prevent my box from melting next time this happens. For now I'm downgrading back to LE 9.0 to see if that will help at all.

• Official Post
    Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link