Upgrade OpenElec to LibreElec on Chromebox [Fixed]

• Hi,

I recently bought a second chromebox and installed librelec, my original chromebox has openelec and I'd like them to be running the same version. I inputted the same USB stick that I used on the new chromebox and the original (OpenElec) box just continues to boot from the harddrive. I'm holding and tapping escape but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there anything I can do?

I tried upgrading using the manual instructions but there doesn't seem to be an update folder in chromebox and even it it did I'm concerned the generic build would not work with chromebox.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Edited once, last by atroposfate (September 3, 2016 at 6:03 PM).

• The Chromebox is standard intel hardware. So 'Generic' will work fine. What other image did you use to install LE on the new Chromebox and in which way do they differ? ;)

Here is a video which shows the steps to be done to migrate from OE to LE.

HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC

There MUST be an 'update' folder. Connect to it like shown in the video above and use the generic build.

• Like DaVu said copy LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2.img.gz into your Update folder. You can access this folder remotly from Windows File Explorer. What I did when I upgrade to OE on my Chromebox, don't really need to install from a USB stick.