Posts by labzilla

I'm assuming it's supposed to be the /storage/.config directory, the dot is missing. I'm also assuming that anything in that directory that has execute permission will be executed.

/storage/test.txt is never created after a sleep/wake or reboot. Shouldn't myscript.power run whenever there is a power change?

I don't have a file called /storage/.config/sleep.conf.d/99-sample.power.x

I have a README & sleep.conf.sample

I created a file in that directory called 99script.sh. Permission is 755. The script redirects the output of date to a file. But nothing happens after the system wakes up.

What am I missing?

I was not using the HDMI closest to the power input. That fixed one issue.

I'm not too sure what wrong with my 720p Westinghouse TV. I get nothing from the Pi4. I assume it is sending a signal that the TV does not understand. Is there a way to force the Pi4 use a specific video signal?

I have a new Raspberry Pi 4 and I can not get any sound from HDMI. I get no sound from videos or from MP3s. I have GUI sounds enabled, nothing.

I set output to both HDMI & Audio Jack, the audio jack works.

I know there is no problem with the HDMI cable, I tried running Raspberry OS, and I was able to play a MP3 thru the HDMI cable.

I have LibreELEC installed on a Chromebox. I compared the guisettings.xml files and I didn't see anything obvious.

Also I picked up a cheap Westinghouse TV on Black Friday. I get no signal when I connect the Pi4 to it. I tried 3 different cables, nothing. I get output when I connect my laptop to it :)

I did a fresh install of LE 9.0.1 on a Chromebox. I'm using MariaDB on Synology, where I have all my media stored.

When I play a video I am getting a lot of buffering. The Chromebox is connected via Ethernet.

Any database query are also slow. I have a NFS mount and I can play the same video with no buffering.

I also have Kodi installed on Windows 10, using the same MariaDB and video sources and I have no buffering, even on WiFi.

I know kodi gets media info, audio & video statistics, from the video file when it plays. After upgrading to LE 9.0.2 I no longer see the correct aspect ratio of movies in movie info panel.

Previous played movies show the correct aspect ratio, but after I play the video, and kodi update the video stats, I loose the aspect ration information. I see the correct aspect ratio when I select info when the movie is playing.

Before:

After:

This happens with movies I have played before, so I don't think it's an issue with the file itself. I get the same result if I switch to a different skin. I am also loosing information about subtitles in the detailed movie view.

I looked at the movie table view in MariaDB, but didn't see anything obvious.

Yes NFS is an option, but I wanted to know why SMB wasn't working :)

I've discovered on kodi.tv that there is a SMB performance bug in the 4.19 kernel. You need to /flash/extlinux.conf and add pci=nomsi

the /flash filesystem is read-only so you'll need to remount it: mount -o remount,rw /flash

Code
    DEFAULT linux 
    PROMPT 0

LABEL linux
    KERNEL /KERNEL
    APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage  quiet pci=nomsi

Hope this helps anyone havin SMB performance issues, it worked for me.

Upgraded to LE 9.0.0, all of my media is on Synology that I access via SMB.

Synology is configured as:

Minimum SMB Protocol: SMB1

Maximum SMB Protocol: SMB3

On LE:

Minimum SMB Protocol: SMB1

Maximum SMB Protocol: SMB3

I am using a wired connection and I am getting lots of buffering of files that played correctly on LE 8.

I tried setting Maximum Protocol to SMB3 on LE, with the same results. /shrug

BTW I'm running LE on a ChromeBox

I would like to run some SQL queries in a python script on my LibreELEC box but I can not figure out what library to use.

I tried

import MySQLdb

import mysql.connector

I can not seem to find documentation about how to install python module on LibreELEC. I know the OS is read only. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm upgrading to 7.95.3, and it's hanging at the Add-on migration step. I'm seeing this in the kodi log

I posted this error on skin developer's thread on kodi.tv, but I just wanted to post it here also. Will the upgrade process give up eventuality and continue? It hasn't done anything for 30 minutes. I guess I have downgrade and do a restore.

The System->Video->Clean library is not removing all of my deleted files. I have 10 episodes from a TV show that have been deleted, that are still in MySQL.

There is 12 or more files that no longer on my NAS. These files were never part of my movie or tv library, just files I play on kodi. AFAIK these files are only stored in 2 tables, I'm guessing kodi is saving the video resume & played status and nothing else.

I did a fresh build of MySQL database 3 or 4 months ago, not really sure why deleted files are still showing up in the database.