Unable to connect to remote MySQL

• I am not able to connect to my remote MySQL database running on an Ubuntu server

15:36:24 T:140117900314688 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos99 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.10' (101))

I can ping the server and when I telnet to port 3306, I get a response back

pmysql_native_password

I've been using MySQL for several months with no problems. I replaced my router today and all the systems on the network still have their old IP address. The user kodi has permission to connect from any host in MySQL.

Here is my advancedsettings.xml

• pmysql_native_password... Sounds like persistent mysql native password. And usually you don't want a persistent mysql connection. Kodi does not use persistent connections for MySQL. Funny but Google doesn't know any "pmysql_native_password". It does know "pmysql_native_password".

If a normal ping already causes mayhem, I'd say your router is having DNS issues.
    Can you try to connect to the MySQL database with a MySQL tool like MySQL Workbench or PHPMyAdmin?

Are you using MySQL 5.5.7 or higher? Have a look at this: native-authentication-plugin.html

• Ping works fine, and I can connect to the MySQL server form my desktop using PHPMyAdmin. The server is ubuntu (LTS 16.04.1) it is running MySQL 5.7.13.

Is there anyway to test the MySQL connection from the command line?

• Ping works fine, and I can connect to the MySQL server form my desktop using PHPMyAdmin. The server is ubuntu (LTS 16.04.1) it is running MySQL 5.7.13.

Is there anyway to test the MySQL connection from the command line?

Run the following as root on the server your MySQL is installed and provide the out.

`iptables -vnL`
    `iptavles -vnL -t nat`

Login to MySQL as root, run the following and provide output.

mysql -u root -p
    mysql> show grants for 'kodi' localhost;
    mysql> show grants for 'kodi'@'192.168.1.10';

• MySQL error 101=network in unreachable.

This gave me the clue I needed. When I logged into kodi, I wan able to ping and ssh to my server, so my network was up.

I change LE to "Wait for network before starting kodi" didn't need this before. Once I set it everything was back up