Cannot acess libreelc through ssh and ftp

• Hi there, I have a problem since the early 8.9x.x/9.0.0 versions that I cannot get access to my pi2 through a ssh. I always get as a responce either connection refused or timed out. Also a ping from a win10 computer was not successfull. Also ftp is rejected although pro ftp is running on the system.

Any idea how I can get access to to my pi2?

Regards,

Hans

• If you can't ping, ssh or sftp then it's an issue with the network or Windoze is blocking it for some reason.. Can you confirm your router has allocated an IP address and you can access the internet from within LE (Try to load a new addon or something).

I assume you have ssh switched on?

Also try a Raspbian image and see if you have the same issue.

• @IR: yes, the router configuation is ok, I can load alll required data from the internet onto the pi. Yesterday I did revert back to 8.2.5 to see what that does. I could downgrade all addons as e.g. tvheadend client/server and many others. Unfortunately the ssh/sftp issue was still apparent. In the meantime I wnt back to 9.0.1, no issue in updating and upgrading the required addons through the internet.

@IR: no I did not try with a Raspian image yet. I think I will try with a clean libreelec image from scratch instead.

vpeter: yes I am using an usb storgage through a powered Belkin hub. Anything I need to consider there?

• In your log there are things like

Code
    Mar 02 18:26:45 LibreELEC sshd[8409]: @         WARNING: UNPROTECTED PRIVATE KEY FILE!          @
    Mar 02 18:26:45 LibreELEC sshd[8409]: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Mar 02 18:26:45 LibreELEC sshd[8409]: Permissions 0777 for '/storage/.cache/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key' are too open.
    Mar 02 18:26:45 LibreELEC sshd[8409]: It is required that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
    Mar 02 18:26:45 LibreELEC sshd[8409]: This private key will be ignored.
    Mar 02 18:26:45 LibreELEC sshd[8409]: Error loading host key "/storage/.cache/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key": bad permissions
    Mar 02 18:26:45 LibreELEC sshd[8409]: Could not load host key: /storage/.cache/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
    Mar 02 18:26:45 LibreELEC sshd[8409]: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

meaning you have wrong permissions set. Maybe because of that ssh server doesn't start.

• I noted that as well, however I am not aware that I did anything regarding ssh ppermission by intention. I can fix this onl by the hard reset, i.e. deleting /storage , I assume

• You can try this. Change boot to use sd card as storage. Copy everything from usb stick to rpi's sd card in one folder. Format usb stick to ext4 and copy everything back from sd card. Check that permissions are right. Change boot to use usb storage. And reboot. If not do what you did first time.

Or just use le's backup & restore function.