PVR manager is starting up

• Hi everyone,

I'm using LE9 on amlogic S905W box and I added pvr.iptvsimple-3.5.7.2 addon. I have iptv playlist.m3u file (18.346 channels - 3.9MB).

Fist run (creating database); writes "PVR manager is starting up" about 10-12 minutes when start kodi. and then shows loading icon about 2 minutes.

Next runs; writes "PVR manager is starting up" about 1-3 minutes, shows loading icon about 5 minutes and then shows "Importing guide from clients" about 20sec.

How to fix this?

Kodi version: 18.04_b4-Leia

PVR setting: no epg data

System CPU usage: %40-50

System Memory usage: 0.33/0.82GB

Thank you everyone.

• I'm using iptv m3u url on my server directly and my iptv server offer 18000 channels.

I have tried 3000 channels it takes about 15sec. I did know it.

I need more speed starting 18000 channels.

Edited once, last by haydarali (February 16, 2019 at 8:19 PM).

• Are the 3000 and 18000 coming from the same source?

If they're not then that comparison is meaningless.

A debug log would tell you why it's taking so long - but the answer would still be 'too many channels'.

If you're really exercised by this then write something to download the .m3u regularly, pull out the channels you want, make a small .m3u and point your addon at it. You could do that with a service addon, but it would be a lot of effort to go to.

An easier option would be to leave your box switched on (as it uses next-to-no power) and refresh pvr.iptvsimple eg at 5AM every day.