2 x issues with how kodi works

• Don't want to sound negative, but 2 issues i have come across in Kodi 18.

Issue 1:

When on main menu in Kodi 17.6 and i want to switch off, i go down 2 or 3 clicks and the power button is selected.

I press to bring up menu and switch off.

In ver 18 going down 2 or 3 clicks ,the Favorites button is always selected 1st which means one more right click has been added before the shut down menu pops up.

Issue 2:

If i have a series set to hide when watched in ver 17.6 i would be able to delete said episode and if it was the last episode and i backed out of the folder

the TV Show would disappear from the menu. This worked well.

In ver 18 , after watching an episode , it disappears straight away and don't have time to delete the episode. I then have to unhide to delete and then rehide.

I have a play list and only want to show TV Shows that have some episode in them.

can either of these to be rectified and go back to how they worked in ver 17.6

many thanks.

the Kodi team are doing excellent work.

• Are you using a keyboard or remote ? If you're using a keyboard, just press S for power off menu. If you're using a remote, you can program a button to bring up the power off menu but if you're using a Logitech Harmony Remote, just press the power off button.

• It sounds like you're using Confluence not Estuary? (because in Estuary you'd go up to power-off, not down). If yes, the place to give feedback to the maintainer of that skin is the Confluence add-on/skin thread in Kodi forums.

Kodi (core code) logic changed between 17 and 18 so the second case isn't something you can control. It's just how (newer) Kodi works now. It's probably just easiest to not-hide played items so they're visible and can be deleted.