Posts by k_zeon

Don't want to sound negative, but 2 issues i have come across in Kodi 18.

Issue 1:

When on main menu in Kodi 17.6 and i want to switch off, i go down 2 or 3 clicks and the power button is selected.

I press to bring up menu and switch off.

In ver 18 going down 2 or 3 clicks ,the Favorites button is always selected 1st which means one more right click has been added before the shut down menu pops up.

Issue 2:

If i have a series set to hide when watched in ver 17.6 i would be able to delete said episode and if it was the last episode and i backed out of the folder

the TV Show would disappear from the menu. This worked well.

In ver 18 , after watching an episode , it disappears straight away and don't have time to delete the episode. I then have to unhide to delete and then rehide.

I have a play list and only want to show TV Shows that have some episode in them.

can either of these to be rectified and go back to how they worked in ver 17.6

many thanks.

the Kodi team are doing excellent work.

on v 8.2.5 the addons would scrape quite quickly but noticed that a lot of addons not take a while to load.

I get the whirling wheel for approx 30 seconds before i even get the menu come up.

This is even before going in from main menu.

maybe its just me but it seems slower to open to the 1st menu of an addon.

Just thought i would post back. I reverted to ver 8.2.5 and copied the Lircmap.xml & Keymaps.xml files

I then upgraded to ver 9.0.0 and then placed in the correct folders.

Rebooted and my context menu now works correctly.

I checked the new versions of Lircmap.xml & Keymaps.xml and there are a lot of differences.

in my old Lircmap is <remote device="devinput">

and in new is also <remote device="devinput-32"> & <remote device="devinput-64">

comparing these , there are some differences which could be why kodi tries to initiate a PVR when i click the button

on Xbox One Media Remote ( top right button)

I am running the 64bit version. so what would i need to change in this file to keep the new Lircmap and have same

keymaps as ver 8.2.5

If not then it seems to work ok.

tks

Just did a fresh install of Kodi 18 and then used Backup to restore my settings.

However, the Xbox One Media controller (not joystick) tries to open a PVR device.

I am running an Intel Nuc and all worked fine before the upgrade.

Does any one have a suggestion how to fix as this seems to be the only button not working.

thanks

Just did a fresh install of Kodi 18 and then used Backup to restore my settings.

However, the Xbox One Media controller (not joystick) tries to open a PVR device.

I am running an Intel Nuc and all worked fine before the upgrade.

Does any one have a suggestion how to fix as this seems to be the only button not working.

thanks

tried a few things and still not managed to get the context menu to work with the Xbox One Media Remote.

If i press , it tries to start a PVR that i dont have. All other buttons work fine.

Had to go back to version 8.2.5 and it works again.

Does anyone know where the keymap file in ver 8.2.5 is , i can try to manually copy just in case it has had some changes.

If not then i have to stay on ver 8.2.5 till i can use context menu.