Now Playing Not Working (Not getting movie name or artwork in the controller itself after pressing play next)

• Hi.
    I installed LibreELEC (Leia) 9.0.0 on my raspberry pi 3B & B+ yesterday but I noticed one thing.
    When I press the play next button in the remote controller it does not show what movie it's playing in the app. It just say unknown and there is no artwork either the same goes for Yatse remote controller to. So it's basically the now playing is not working when you press next.
    This happens when I play tv show or movies on both devices. The developer of yatse told me to show you this log as I sent it to him for it to see.

Code
    2019-02-11 21:47:00.604 Verbose/KodiLogger: --> [764] POST http://10.0.0.4/jsonrpc (379-byte body)
    2019-02-11 21:47:00.605 Verbose/KodiLogger: --> [764] {“id”:773,“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“method”:“Player.GetItem”,“params”:{“properties”:[“album”,“albumartist”,“artist”,“episode”,“art”,“file”,“genre”,“plot”,“rating”,“season”,“showtitle”,“studio”,“imdbnumber”,“tagline”,“title”,“track”,“year”,“streamdetails”,“originaltitle”,“playcount”,“runtime”,“duration”,“cast”,“writer”,“director”,“userrating”,“firstaired”,“displayartist”],“playerid”:1}}
    2019-02-11 21:47:00.708 Verbose/KodiLogger: <-- [764] 200 OK http://10.0.0.4/jsonrpc (102ms, 431-byte body)
    2019-02-11 21:47:00.710 Verbose/KodiLogger: <-- [764] {“id”:773,“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“result”:{“item”:{“album”:"",“art”:{},“artist”:[],“cast”:[],“director”:[],“episode”:-1,“file”:"",“firstaired”:"",“genre”:[],“imdbnumber”:"",“label”:"",“originaltitle”:"",“playcount”:0,“plot”:"",“rating”:0.0,“runtime”:0,“season”:-1,“showtitle”:"",“streamdetails”:{“audio”:[],“subtitle”:[],“video”:[]},“studio”:[],“tagline”:"",“title”:"",“track”:-1,“type”:“unknown”,“userrating”:0,“writer”:[],“year”:1969}}}

Edited 3 times, last by MrDontCare (February 12, 2019 at 6:15 PM).

• To add some details, you don't see the artwork or movie name in kodi itself so it is not an remote controller problem.
    The log you see here is just what is happening when you change to the next movie or tv show.
    If the move or tv show goes automatically to the next one without pushing next on the remote the now playing show all the details as normal.

Edited once, last by MrDontCare (February 12, 2019 at 6:28 PM).

• DaVu I guess I do. I just went to enter file section on movies and tv shows and added the location on my private network to add movies and tv shows. They all have been edited true TinyMediaManager before I added them too make sure kodi found them.

• Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I can't trigger a "play next" without using smart playlists where the skip button behaves differently and for that works like a charm

So please do me a favour and please explain how you trigger a "play next". I also use Yatse as a remote controll but I can't find the option.

• Ah ok np. If u use yatse you have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen when playing the move. It is also configurable true Interface settings and from there you can add now playing bar buttons you need or want. Like next previous, rewind and so on.

• yeah, that would mean you are using playlists.

Could you please share a logfile reproducing this issue? Please don't forget to enable debug logging if you do so. The problem you are mentioning

I tried myself with a smartplaylist currently and it works as expected. Estuary shows the correct moviename is I bring up the video OSD and also Yatse is showing the correct name.

Also please make sure you update Yatse to the latest version.

• You have banned add-ons and repositories on your system.

Remove all repositories and also the add-ons which came from those repos. Then try to reproduce your problem if it still exists.

To reduce the size of the log:

1. enable debug logging in settings -> system -> logging -> enable debug logging

2. restart Kodi !!!!!!

3. reproduce your issue as fast as you can (don't do anything else)

4. use the log uploader.

But anyway, you need to remove those add-ons and repositories first as you won't get support while those are installed.

• Yes my bad there. It was a bad backup there I tough was clean. I only use youtube, twitch, backup and vpn addons service this days.
    So I am doing a totally clean install and will install them one by one and see if the same issue comes back.

Edited once, last by MrDontCare (February 13, 2019 at 1:05 PM).

• Little update, I noticed that the same thing happen when a movie is running in the back ground and you chose a new one from the playlist and press ok/play. It doesn't matter if it is the next one or a movie way down the list.

• I have the same issue but no one is responding.

Because it's almost certainly a Kodi issue - LibreELEC is just the OS that runs Kodi, if there's a problem with the way Kodi processes JSON requests then the OS is unlikely to be the issue. Try testing on Windows instead of LibreELEC and see if you get the same results, I'm pretty sure you will.

Whoever advised you that LibreELEC is at fault has advised you incorrectly - you should be reporting this directly to Kodi on their github.

• Because it's almost certainly a Kodi issue - LibreELEC is just the OS that runs Kodi, if there's a problem with the way Kodi processes JSON requests then the OS is unlikely to be the issue. Try testing on Windows instead of LibreELEC and see if you get the same results, I'm pretty sure you will.

Whoever advised you that LibreELEC is at fault has advised you incorrectly - you should be reporting this directly to Kodi on their github.

Windows if fine and works like a charm no problem. My raspberry pi 3B is also working perfectly. I only get this on my Raspberry pi 3B+
    Tried to reinstall it several times but no luck. I am not blaming LibreELEC at all, this is a kodi problem for sure. So I will report this on their github.
    Thanks for the answer.
    Just adding some extra info that I noticed, It show's the nowplaying for 1-2seconds before it goes blank.