[BUG] No Dolby Digital Plus DD+ decoding in Libreelec

• I just realized that my DD+ Audio (used as in almost all newer Netflix shows)is not decoced when set to passthrough. It is only working as PCM. My Denon AVR is capapable of decoding DD+ and doing so over Chromecast.

Is this a known problem? There are some reports over in the kodi forum, but mostly related to Windows or Android. In Windows it seems to be fixable.

How about libreelec?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As my post in the BUG section was deleted, could someone official maybe comment on the status of this issue.

Is it considered a bug, are you aware of the problem? Is anybody taking care of it?

Thank you.

• Don't think it has anything to do with Netflix.

This is also true for local video files including dd+ audio tracks. And I also don't think the Raspi couldn't decode it. It is not that different from a bluray with dts hd master 7.1 which the raspi decodes just fine.

• Well that's why I would welcome a statement from the developers.

Because I would like to know the facts rather than talk about the edge, chances and limitations.

• Official Post

Well that's why I would welcome a statement from the developers.

Because I would like to know the facts rather than talk about the edge, chances and limitations.

I agree. We need more transparency about what happens under the hood. Something like a pop-up window, which describes the cause of a disabled feature.