Many small video files seamless playback without any gap between files

• Hi,

I have many short video files from my camera & gopro, I would like to play them one by one in the folder. But there are 2 annoying problems:

- there is OSD menu with start of each file for some second (I haven't find any option to disable this menu on latest version LE 9 / Kodi 18)?

- is it possible to set any pre-buffering not to see blue loading circle everytime new file is opened?

Thanks for any hints

Peter

• Because of different codecs/formats. Sure I can concatenate same files or reconvert (I am also doing this) but that's different topic.

So again my question is still the same, how to replay many smaller files in a row without OSD at start and too much buffering.

• Wired or wireless network ?

Isn't there a gapless / seamless playback setting in Kodi ?

Why would there be buffering on local media ?

Try placing a few videos on a USB flash drive and connect drive to the kodi computer to see if this problem still exists

Try disabling or removing addons

You never mentioned your hardware

• Files are on local hdd with ASrock J3160TM-ITX motherboard, brand new fresh install LE 9. So nothing related to network or addons.

So just the same basic questions again:

1) Is it possible to disable OSD menu when video file is open?

2) I think you all see blue circle for some miliseconds when starting any video. Is there any settings to limit this time? Prebuffer?

I mean to get seamless playback of two files in a row?

• I tried it with both an Intel i5 Windows 10 desktop and an old Intel i5 NUC running LE9. There is about a 1 to 2 second gap between videos and in the upper right hand corner, there is a seeking bar graph for 2 seconds when the next video starts playing. There is NO spinning circle. My Intel NUC is on a gigabit wired network. The Windows 10 desktop is the server. (SMB)

Edited once, last by blueribb (February 7, 2019 at 7:51 PM).

• Peter,

Did you ever find a resolution to this?

I too have many small files (music videos) that I would like to have just play without the OSD across the screen.

Thanks,

Joey

• Hi,

unfortunatelly no solution found:( Does anybody have any solution how to play video files without any gap and with no OSD during first second of video?

Is it general or skin related?
    Thanks

Peter

• OSD is a core Kodi function, but it is skinnable. So the dirty hack is to create a custom skin that removes the OSD, but then you remove all of the OSD and not just the start bit. To change things so there is no OSD at the start (but overall retaining the OSD) would require core code changes.