LibreELEC 9.0.0 new install (not upgrading) + restore database from LibreELEC 8

• Hello,

I run LibreELEC 8.2.5 on an Odroid C2.

I'd like to install a brand new LibreELEC 9.0.0 on a new SD card, not upgrading my current Libreelec 8 (to have a clean install).

Then I'd like to restore my settings & database from my current version 8.

I've tried "Backup" add-on:

1) backup LibreELEC 8 on USB key.

2) install LibreELEC 9.0.0 on a new SD card.

3) install "Backup" add-on on 9.0.0.

4) restore via "Backup" add-on using USB key.

RESULTS= it worked except for the database...

Note:

-I didn't restore advance settings.

-"Backup" add-on warned about different Kodi version before launching the restore action.

QUESTION=

Do you know how to restore the database from "Backup" add-on (LibreELEC 8 ) on LibreELEC 9, please?

Or should I try to backup my Kodi using the Parameters\System\Backup Kodi etc.?

Appreciate your thoughts.

• Are you referring to an external Backup add-on, or the Backup/Restore functions inside the LibreELEC Settings add-on?

Restoring a database from v8 to v9 does not happen. The v8 database will always be upgraded at boot by Kodi to the new version. The old database remains intact.

• Hi,

I'm referring to an external Backup add-on.

But then I understand there is no other solution than migration option considering the database upgrade between V8 and 9...

Other option (export database to local file) so that v9 find out the database locally?

Thank you.

• You can also install 8.2.5 on the new card, restore your backup from the old SD card onto the new one, and then upgrade to 9.0.0. It's about the only way of getting a set up 9.0.0 installation without you having to redo all the addons, settings and sh!t.

But if you want to have a clean install of 9.0.0, then why not put in some extra effort and actually create a proper clean install..

• I like your proposal! (Installing 8.2.5 on new card, then backup, then upgrade).

Question : do you know the details of LibreELEC backup function in system parameters?

Does this backup include the media database?

Maybe better than the external Backup add-on?

Many thanks for your time.

• Finally, I simply upgraded to LibreELEC 9.0.0...

Everything is working EXCEPT audio...?!?

1) System\audio\output Alsa HDMI = I've got sound system in Kodi, but no more sound when reading any media...

2) sound is only working when Alsa is analog.

I don't understand considering my 8.2.5 was working well using HDMI output setting...

I'm lost... I've tried different settings but the only one working is to move setting to Analog...

I've even tried to connect my odroid to HDMI while has always been connected to HDMI 2 (arc).

I guess there is a loss of quality using Analog against HDMI...

So, if you have any idea...?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I also had the sound issue and my video was stuttering frequently. On the previous release, I also had iptables invoked through systemd so I think that may be complicating things too as 9 has its own iptables folder for custom rule sets but that is probably getting close to hijacking the thread.

• Sorry for slow response...

Finally, I solved the audio issue.

Explanation:

My Odroid C2 is connected to my TV (Pana Plasma), and my TV is connected to a DAC via optical cable which is connected to my stereo amplifier.

I do that cause I cannot connect directly my Odroid to my DAC (usb, spdif, optical input) or my stereo amplifier (no digital input).

Then I tried the following:

1) Audio setting\output config as fixed, and I tried all the Freq levels from 192KHz down to 44KHz.

And then the Alsa HDMI setting is finally working but only at 44KHz (on a movie using DTS)...

So the pb comes from a limitation of my hardware (HDMI ports from my TV should be limited), and not from Kodi/LibreELEC.

2) I also tried Audio setting\Best match, and Passthrough activated and all sub-options (from Passthrough) deactivated (considering my stereo is not able to "read" other things than stereo...).

But not working...: still got Kodi system sounds, but no sound when playing a movie.

3) Finally I kept Alsa Analog option cause I find the sound has better quality than Alsa/HDMI/output fixed up to 44KHz.

So it works.

But I don't understand what Alsa Analog means considering my Odroid is only plugged with a HDMI cable...

Any thoughts?