S805 Device with Combo Tuner (DVB-S2 + DVB-T\T2\C)

• Hi,
    I bought an S805 device with a combo tuner.
    The Combo tuner has one DVB-S2 and one DVB-C\T\T2 tuner attached.
    It currently boots into a closed platform sitting on Android, but I would like to see if it's possible to install LibreElec on to it, or even dual boot, as the device also had an SD card slot.
    The Tuners are detachable, so it is possible to put a single DVB-S2 tuner or a single DVB-C\T\T2 tuner. I'm not sure if they also supply dual tuners.
    I don't think that there is a reset button on the device, unless there is one inside the box. So I am also at a loss as to how I would boot into it (if it was on SD card). I think it is flashable via one of the USB ports, but don't know how to do that either.

Basically, I'm useless.

I can open the box and photograph the inside if that would help.

• you may wish to look into mumudvb for android , i am just now for a Hisilcone device called mars,
    another hybrid droid dvb device but no support from L/E or O/E because of lack of interest & time guys cant
    include very device ;) But from what ive read it can act as backed and be picked up in kodi via IPTV Simple as M3U file
    same idea as Tuner Server on VU+ E2 , so may be another possible route to look at :)
    from what ive heard its been ported to android but have found no giude to do so :(

• you may wish to look into mumudvb for android , i am just now for a Hisilcone device called mars,
    another hybrid droid dvb device but no support from L/E or O/E because of lack of interest & time guys cant
    include very device ;) But from what ive read it can act as backed and be picked up in kodi via IPTV Simple as M3U file
    same idea as Tuner Server on VU+ E2 , so may be another possible route to look at :)
    from what ive heard its been ported to android but have found no giude to do so :(

Thanks, does DroidTV use that? - droidtv/market at master · OuNao/droidtv · GitHub

I was hoping to try and install OpenELEC or LibreELEC on it though (preferably on an SD card), and chose LibreELEC because I thought it/I could try and move forward at the same speed. This device has a closed platform so I can't run an apk on it, need to make it a gpk first, and I've had no luck so far trying to do that :blush: .
    I thought something like this may be perfect as it may also allow me to run the Media Centre on it's own with my own media at home.

• how did you get on ? i tryd to install DroidTV on my mars Se HD but no joy and had any joy on guids to compile MuMuDvb for droid either :(
    if we could get MuMuDvb compiled for our Droid version it would allow any deivce to use the simple IPTV PVR in kodi to pick up the M3u file as does Enigma2 with the VU+Pvr addon
    from MuMudvb backend ,

• how did you get on ? i tryd to install DroidTV on my mars Se HD but no joy and had any joy on guids to compile MuMuDvb for droid either
    if we could get MuMuDvb compiled for our Droid version it would allow any deivce to use the simple IPTV PVR in kodi to pick up the M3u file as does Enigma2 with the VU+Pvr addon
    from MuMudvb backend ,

Sorry for the late reply, I got tied up and preferred to have a go at it when I had more free time.

I have Simple IPTV as an app and it works great, but looking to get LibreELEC running.
    Got it down today, and ran it. Audio seems to be okay, but I need to map the remote.
    I couldn't try MuMuDVB because the OS is closed. but I am going to suggest it and see how that goes.

• Thanks, I've read the FAQ, I just can't get the remote.config.
    The box is a closed OS.

I can't install ES FIle Explorer ( or anything else) to gain access to hidden files.

I have installed LibreELEC, and everything seems to be fine. Wi-Fi, Audio etc.

I even have another remote working with it (The Measy RC11), but would love it if I could get the remote that came with it.

No button press seems to be recognised. I've tried the keymap editor too. I've opened the box and photographed the board, but couldn't see anything that may be related to the rcu (I wasn't sure what to be looking for).
    Would it be driver related?
    Sorry if that's a daft question, but I don't know what to look for/at.

Edited once, last by Rumblefish (May 18, 2016 at 10:08 PM).

• If "factory" firmware uses standard Amlogic remote driver, it should also use remote.conf to setup. If you still have factory firmware on internal memory, you can extract any file from system partition in LE. Boot into LE, connect over SSH and run:

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system

system partition content will be available in /tmp/system.

To copy remote.conf to LE run:

Code
    cp /tmp/system/etc/remote.conf /storage/.config/remote.conf

To test the new remote.conf without rebooting run:

Code
    /usr/lib/libreelec/remote-config

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 7, 2016 at 9:24 AM).

• Thanks, that's great info.
    I have tried connecting via USB, enabled USB Debugging, "Allowed" Computer connection, MTP, Mass Storage, Camera.. No joy at all.

I found the reset button when I opened the casing. I have been able to boot into recovery menu, but afaik, the closed OS is the factory firmware.
    However, the remote does work on that menu, so I guess your above instructions might work.

Fingers crossed. I'm going to try it today when I get some free time. Thank you. Hopefully my next post is filled with celbratory information
    [hr]

Unfortunately I am getting this:

cp: can't create '/storage/.config/remote.conf': No such file or directory

I'll try with another build.
    [hr]

Much Love.

Working excellent. You genius Thank you no end

Edited once, last by Rumblefish (May 19, 2016 at 12:53 PM).

• Always happy to help. I can't promise DVB tuners will work - more probably they won't.

Thanks again.
    Would it be a lot of hassle to get the tuners to work, or is there a config file?
    Or do I need drivers etc..? Sorry for all the questions.

I'm going to try the tuners now.

• Unfortunately TVHeadend HTSP keeps disabling itself. I can't get to try the Tuners. I'll go back to another build and see.
    Would that be caused by the tuners?

Sorry for all of these questions.

• As I said, there's too little information from you to tell. "Tuners" is a very broad term and can be any hardware. Please follow the guide in builds theread, collect the logs and post them here. Then we'll be able to tell if anything can be done to make your tuners work.

• As I said, there's too little information from you to tell. "Tuners" is a very broad term and can be any hardware. Please follow the guide in builds theread, collect the logs and post them here. Then we'll be able to tell if anything can be done to make your tuners work.

Will do, thanks.

I have met a few bugs, but considering this box is different, and the build wasn't even contemplating this box when it was made, I think it's going pretty good .