Step by step instructions for adding Xbox DVB adaptor to Kodi 18

• Hi all,

I'm currently running Libreelec with Kodi 17 and have an Xbox One DVB adaptor for live telly.

I downloaded the beta yesterday as I was interested in the retrogaming/netflix/whether the DVB experience has been improved. I installed this to a separate USB drive and tried a few things out but it appeared that Kodi 18 wasn't liking the Xbox DVB tuner out of the box.

So, can Kodi 18 handle DVB adaptors natively these days? i.e. I notice it has some DVB drivers that can be installed. Should it be possible to install the correct one [for an Xbox DVB USB tuner] and then commence tuning etc without having to install something like TVHeadend?

If the above is not possible, since I was using TVHeadend, is this still the preferred option for live TV/PVR? Although I configured my Kodi 17 setup about 18 months ago, I don't recall the exact steps for getting the live TV up and running. Is there a step by step guide for doing this involving getting the minimal amount of components etc and then subsequent configuration? I do remember there being a "bit of a faff" about logging into the TVHeadend server remotely and then setting it up but I wonder if all this has now been streamlined?

Thanks for any assistance :)

• Cheers for the reply.

I tried 8.95.1 Beta just released.

I installed as normal, set the network up etc. then went to the new Libreelec Module drivers selection.

I think I tried the LE default drivers but this did not work.

Should I have tried different DVB drivers?

• my Xbox One DVB stick works ootb, what image do you use ?

Cheers for the reply. (Ignore double post, please)

I tried 8.95.1 Beta just released.

I installed as normal, set the network up etc. then went to the new Libreelec Module drivers selection.

I think I tried the LE default drivers but this did not work.

Should I have tried different DVB drivers?

• This works on my NUC, & has done for the last few builds.

Configure the htsp client & server, assuming you will use you device as the tvh server.

So, on the webpage eg 192.168.1.110:9981 go to configuration, DVB inputs, TV adaptors, open the folder, you should see Panasonic dvb-c & dvb-c

If the folder doesn't open, or you don't see it, you need to choose the correct dvb driver from the addons, sorry can't remember which one I used, try each one. When you can see the panasonic dvb-t you have the right module, then you need to set tvh up.

• This works on my NUC, & has done for the last few builds.

Configure the htsp client & server, assuming you will use you device as the tvh server.

So, on the webpage eg 192.168.1.110:9981 go to configuration, DVB inputs, TV adaptors, open the folder, you should see Panasonic dvb-c & dvb-c

If the folder doesn't open, or you don't see it, you need to choose the correct dvb driver from the addons, sorry can't remember which one I used, try each one. When you can see the panasonic dvb-t you have the right module, then you need to set tvh up.

Cheers. You still "have to" use tvh? You can't just pick some DVB drivers in Kodi and then tune from there?

I'd sort of imagined that you could since they're now available in the way that they are but maybe I've made a stupid assumption

• Cheers. You still "have to" use tvh? You can't just pick some DVB drivers in Kodi and then tune from there?

I'd sort of imagined that you could since they're now available in the way that they are but maybe I've made a stupid assumption

You could try, but I only know about tvh

• my Xbox One DVB stick works ootb, what image do you use ?

Hello CvH,

i can confirm mine also is working ootb on LE 8.2.5

i just tryed latest LE release 8.95.003 for amlogic device from your annuncement, but still no luck.

what i see is it's trying to use the same driver (dvb_usb_dib0700) that was working on LE 8.2.5 but on 8.95 no way, tvh shows no connector available:

[ 15.375905@0] dvb-usb: found a 'Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner' in warm state.

[ 15.379812@0] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.

[ 15.384562@0] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner)

[ 15.384583@0] usb 1-1.2: media controller created

[ 15.385601@0] dvbdev: dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'dvb-demux' registered.

[ 15.398655@0] IR RC6 protocol handler initialized

[ 15.619268@2] mn88472 1-0018: Panasonic MN88472 successfully identified

[ 15.623703@2] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner'

[ 15.623715@2] dvb-usb: Microsoft Xbox One Digital TV Tuner successfully initialized and connected.

[ 15.624530@1] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

demsg | paste

is it something related to Amlogic platform and new LE releases? if not, any idea if the above line could be the root cause or do you have any hint i could try?

thanks in advance

• nb - I just posted this below on an old thread. It suggested a new thread so I am reposting here as this is more current. Please excuse the double up.

Hello all!

Thanks to all the devs for Libreelec! I am loving it! : )

It has allowed me to resurrect (and upgrade) a broken android tv box!

Can anyone give advice to get the xboxone adapter to work for me?

I have version 8.2.3.1

Architecture: S905.arm

I installed

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img.gz

onto a A95X box

-Amalogic Quad core Cortex A53, Quad-core Mali-450 GPU, Ram 2GB, ROM 16GB, 4K

I have installed:

PVR client Tvheadend HTSP Client

Tvheadend Server 4.2

Tvheadend Setup for Kodi

I have the box set to my region.

I have put in the TVheadend configuration the IP address of the Libreelec box.

I have the Tvheadend Username and Tvheadend Password empty - do I need to add one here??

In the adapters config I have two(?) devices:

Panasonic MN88472#0: DVB-C #0

Panasonic MN88472#0: DVB-T #0

-there is no xboxone adapter? Has it mistaken the adapter or are the above just generic identifiers?

-I enabled both Panasonic adapters.

It says I have 6 muxes - ?

When I scan channels it says:

New services found: 0

There are no new services to map to channels.

I cannot get reception or epg.

nb Australia

Any advice for a novice?

Thanks.

• Hello, i'm not an expert but as far as i know the model named in the adapter's page of tvh is a kind of "best opiton" for the dongle, in terms of drivers (recognized by LE), as also mine is named as Panasonic and it's working properly, then i would say the name is not relevant.

for tvh conf i followed the steps mentioned in This Post (on first Mega share there's a good pdf guide) using the wrxtasy release (very good by the way).

good luck

• So, just going back to the DVB drivers question.....

In the latest Kodi, there are 3 options for DVB drivers. I had the impression that they were a mechanism for adding a DVB adaptor to Kodi and there would then be some Kodi dialog that would automatically search for TV stations etc as you'd get with a standard television/PVR box (i.e. Like what tvh does but without the hassle).

I guess this was flawed as Kodi supports DVB adaptors anyway (or at least it supported by Xbox One adaptor).

If they're not for that, what are they for? Is it for where Kodi doesn't natively support a DVB adaptor but will if one of the drivers is used (prior to configuring tvh)?

• So, just going back to the DVB drivers question.....

In the latest Kodi, there are 3 options for DVB drivers. I had the impression that they were a mechanism for adding a DVB adaptor to Kodi and there would then be some Kodi dialog that would automatically search for TV stations etc as you'd get with a standard television/PVR box (i.e. Like what tvh does but without the hassle).

I guess this was flawed as Kodi supports DVB adaptors anyway (or at least it supported by Xbox One adaptor).

If they're not for that, what are they for? Is it for where Kodi doesn't natively support a DVB adaptor but will if one of the drivers is used (prior to configuring tvh)?

you need to select a dvb driver, then on the tvh webpage see if there is an adaptor, then you can configurre tvh via a webpage. If you don't see an adaptor, try another

• Hi Bubblegum,

So, are the following statements true(?)

1. The dvb drivers are purely there when Kodi doesn't natively support a dvb device.

2. You can only get live TV from DVB via TVH on Kodi.