Missing artwork

• Hi, my first post in the forum. I hope this is the correct place for this thread. I have recently installed libreelec (7.90.004) on a Rpi 2.
    My movie library is on a NAS and each movie is in its own folder. About half the movies also have an .nfo file and folder jpeg image, the others have just the movie. The problem I have is that only the movies without nfo files show an image, in other words the movies that kodi scrapes from the internet. On prevoius installations of kodi I did not have this problem. It may well be an issue with the Alpha build I'm using, if that is the case then I understand it might be a recognized bug. If not, is there any way I can configure kodi to show all arkwork for movies regardless of whether the movies folder has a nfo file and image or not?

I would like to thank all developers who have contribued to this wonderful media center software. I have been using it for the last few years in one form or another.

• Hello Coastal!

LibreELEC is a Linux distribution underlying Kodi.
    This behaviour might therefore be worth a bug report with Kodi itself.
    This mentions: Change the preferred extension for metadata import/export files from .nfo to .xml as standard for XBMC.

I hope I have helped

• My guess is the .nfo files contain URLs for a site that you don't have a scraper installed for so nothing is retrieved for that site, and sites with no .nfo file use the default multi-scraper which finds something (working as normal). So check the .nfo URL's in files, then check you installed the scaper for that site from the Kodi repo and configured the source to use it - the default source/scraper config in Krypton is slightly different than older Kodi versions.

• My guess is the .nfo files contain URLs for a site that you don't have a scraper installed for so nothing is retrieved for that site, and sites with no .nfo file use the default multi-scraper which finds something (working as normal). So check the .nfo URL's in files, then check you installed the scaper for that site from the Kodi repo and configured the source to use it - the default source/scraper config in Krypton is slightly different than older Kodi versions.

Ok, I will check those things. Something must have changed in kodi as everything is working fine in other clientes on on my network not running Krypton. Thanks for you help. Will report back!
    [hr]
    Update: The URL in the nfo files are for the internet movie database, I have tried re-scraping the library using the universal movie scarper addon but the problem persists. Half the movies don't show the poster/artwork (all other information is shown). Maybe I will head over to the kodi forum as it could be a kodi bug.
    [hr]

Ok, I will check those things. Something must have changed in kodi as everything is working fine in other clientes on on my network not running Krypton. Thanks for you help. Will report back!
    [hr]
    Update: The URL in the nfo files are for the internet movie database, I have tried re-scraping the library using the universal movie scarper addon but the problem persists. Half the movies don't show the poster/artwork (all other information is shown). Maybe I will head over to the kodi forum as it could be a kodi bug.

I can re-scrape each film individually without problem, there is an option to use local data or retrieve date from the internet. If I choose the latter the movie poster is saved. I have over 1000 movies so I'm looking to solve this problem without changing each one individually. Alternatively I could delete all nfo files, but then I would have to re-scrape the library on other clients.

Edited once, last by Coastal (August 28, 2016 at 10:51 AM).