LE 7 Crashes when returning to menu from playback

• I am running LE 7.02 on a Lenovo Thinkcentre Chromebox, set up using the "setup-kodi.sh" script from MrChromebox. Fairly often my device will freeze forcing me to do a hard reboot. It has frozen a few times during video playback - often when I leave it paused for a long period of time, but the issue generally occurs when returning to the menu from video playback. I'll be left with the menu screen with none of the items in the menu populated.

I have looked at the logs, but I can't find anything of interest, other than a bunch of notices that the system was unable to resolve the machine hosting my video/audio libraries (via SMB), but this doesn't seem to be the problem because I can access those files flawlessly.

Might this be the baytrail kernel issue?

• I am running LE 7.02 on a Lenovo Thinkcentre Chromebox, set up using the "setup-kodi.sh" script from MrChromebox. Fairly often my device will freeze forcing me to do a hard reboot. It has frozen a few times during video playback - often when I leave it paused for a long period of time, but the issue generally occurs when returning to the menu from video playback. I'll be left with the menu screen with none of the items in the menu populated.

I have looked at the logs, but I can't find anything of interest, other than a bunch of notices that the system was unable to resolve the machine hosting my video/audio libraries (via SMB), but this doesn't seem to be the problem because I can access those files flawlessly.

Ok I'm glad someone else brought this up cause I thought I was going crazy. I noticed it since switching from OE on my chromebox. For me it can happen after playing content from my NAS or IPTV.

I'll lookup how to get a debug log and post it.

Edited once, last by chewitt (August 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM).

Post a debug log here and on Kodi's Linux/Live support forum. You shouldn't be having any playback-related issues at all with a clean install of 7.0.2

You don't have a Baytrail device (all Lenovo Chromeboxes are Broadwell), so no not an issue.

I'm not sure if we support that at all

If yes, please get us the debuglog

If not, you might better ask here:

ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]

After being flashed with my custom firmware, a Chromebox is just another SFF x86_64 box, like a Haswell/Broadwell NUC, so it's fully supported.
    The Kodi Chromebox E-Z Setup Script thread is for setup/installation/firmware issues; playback issues aren't hardware specific and will get better visibility in the main Linux support forum

Ok I'm glad someone else brought this up cause I thought I was going crazy. I noticed it since switching from OE on my chromebox. For me it can happen after playing content from my NAS or IPTV.

I'll lookup how to get a debug log and post it.

can't say I've seen anything like this here on any of my boxes that have been upgraded from OE to LE, but it's all speculation without a debug log - post it here and on the Kodi Linux support forum as I mentioned above