[S812] OTT M8S 2G RAM 8G ROM BCM4335 WIFI

• Once I figure out how to fix a mount at boot issue, the balbes150 version/thread I'll post a working build of 17.3...I have it working on my bcm4335 M8S, albeit the wifi doesn't list networks (interface shows up), and I have to manually mount the system image at boot until I figure out how to automount mmcblk0p1 and then the image.

• Once I figure out how to fix a mount at boot issue, the balbes150 version/thread I'll post a working build of 17.3...I have it working on my bcm4335 M8S, albeit the wifi doesn't list networks (interface shows up), and I have to manually mount the system image at boot until I figure out how to automount mmcblk0p1 and then the image.

I look forward to your progress! Cheers.

• Cross posting. Since my work is forked from 150balbes' work, which includes khazaq's kernel, I can't claim much credit, but check out the thread over at [S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

Ok, so if you don't mind installing LE to your M8S S812 bcm4335's internal memory and wiping out android, here's what you do. This build will probably work with other versions of the M8S but I'm only targeting the bcm4335 variants.

1. Download my build from Yandex.Disk

2. Write to microSD card

3. Rename the appropriate remote.conf - note that the one for our bcm4335 should be solid now but I notice one of the patches I added makes CEC work so you can use your TV remote too

4. Hook up USB keyboard to your device

5. Insert microSD, and do the toothpick method if you haven't yet setup 150balbes dual boot solution

6. Once you see the LE boot screen, wait until you see an error message in the upper left corner

7. Then, do the following:

Code
    umount /flash
    mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /flash
    cd /flash
    ./install.sh

8. You'll know you are finished when the script stops executing for a while and no more output comes on the screen. Then, type reboot and remove the microSD card. Your device will now boot into Libreelec.

I haven't tried it yet but this should theoretically work with retroarch too, since the S805 does and my builds are just forked from 150balbes, and thus uses khazaq's kernel...

My sources: GitHub - ilikenwf/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi

With help we can get the SD card booting working. I tried to work around it by remounting /flash to /dev/mmcblk0p1 in the init scripts but did not succeed.

The only known issues to me right now are that suspend/wake are sometimes a bit buggy...otherwise it works well enough. I'd like to find time sometime to explore various kernel patches that are out there, as well as the khazaq and Libreelec repos for the amlogic specific kernel, amongst a few others, to try and get things working better and up to a newer (3.14) kernel.

Edited 2 times, last by ilikenwf (July 13, 2017 at 5:00 AM).

• strange but I updated to this file and even with the correct remote codes the ok and back don't work on my remote.Any way to fix this?

• Hi guys, sorry, I know this is an old thread but...

I have an MXQ M10 box (seems to be an M8S clone, board is M8 V8_9 20151031) this is the ONLY firmware I can get on it (tried LE, AlexElec, Lakka etc).

I must have tried 20 files of similar boxes. Box just hangs on M10 logo. This one works great but I'm uneasy running 17.0 for security/bugs issues. Is there a 17.6 version of this floating around, or is there a way I can update it to 17.6?

Many thanks, a very frusterated guy!

Mark

• Hi guys, sorry, I know this is an old thread but...

I have an MXQ M10 box (seems to be an M8S clone, board is M8 V8_9 20151031) this is the ONLY firmware I can get on it (tried LE, AlexElec, Lakka etc).

I must have tried 20 files of similar boxes. Box just hangs on M10 logo. This one works great but I'm uneasy running 17.0 for security/bugs issues. Is there a 17.6 version of this floating around, or is there a way I can update it to 17.6?

Many thanks, a very frusterated guy!

Mark

Once you get Begicj's alpha loaded, you should be able to update to one of balbes150's builds, either the Lan100 or MXIII Plus, depending on your board (trial and error). Don't forget to place a nocompat file in the .update folder with whichever .tar you choose to try. I'd probably try the Lan100 first.

• Ok thanks I will try.

The LAN100 build from Kshi's reply just goes to black screen after boot splash logo, and no farther.

The MXIII plus build boots fine, but has no WiFi or Bluetooth, both of which I really need.

I will try your suggestion tomorrow Datrh.

Many thanks guys!

• you may try this one, it may works

libreelec-x8-h_series.arm-8.2rc-kodi_17.6-final.img.gz

more info : Custom ROM - LibreElec 9 Kodi 18 "Leia" | MINIX Forum - Official

don't try leia images : they're specific for the minix X8/X8-H(s802) and X8-HP(s812) => means they don't have a dtb for your device

let me know

This won't install on my box. Comes up with a "not compatable with s812" kind of error when libreElec unpacks and tries to install, even though I put nocompat.zip in the update folder too.

Cheers

• you have to create a .nocompat file and not a nocompat.zip

ssh the box and type touch /storage/.update/.nocompat

edit: i would try first to boot from SD to check if it's ok or not

Edited once, last by datrh (May 2, 2018 at 5:47 PM).