[S812] OTT M8S 2G RAM 8G ROM BCM4335 WIFI

• LIBREELEC based on balbes150 LE git and drieschel kernel for OTT M8S with BCM4335

Tested with PCB board version:
    M8 V9.1 ok
    M8 V8.6 ok
    (please test and give feedback for other PCB boards for M8S)

Update 30.11.2016: LE 7.0.2 M8S BCM 4335 WIFI + BLUETOOTH + HYPERION

Update 09.12.2016 LE 8.0.0 M8S BCM 4335 WIFI + BTH + HYPERION

Compiled with 4k resolution and working hyperion.
    Remote is ok
    CEC works
    Lan works
    Only 1G RAM (kernel panic if compiled with 2G)
    Power off works (thanks to kszaq s power off patch) sometimes cant wake up with remote or with HDMI cec (only replug power adapter helps)
    WIFI works (thanks to kszaq s Wi-Fi driver and kernel patch)
    Bluetooth work
    Sudpend not work
    [hr]
    If you like you can buy me a beer

Edited once, last by begicj (December 15, 2016 at 10:26 PM).

• Hi all, i need help with compiling libreelec from Driesch for OTT M8S 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB of ROM with BCM4335 WIFI (Cheap clone). When i extract .dtd file from the original Android firmware it shows that this board is n200c_1g (same Android system seen nearly 2 GB of RAM) and if compiled with original.dtd file from Android firmware libreelec see only 817 MB of RAM and LAN works. When compiled with n200c_1g placed in the Linux folder, then the LAN not working and libreelec see 670 MB RAM. When compiled with n200c_2g.dtd then device Stucks at boot logo. If I replace 3f0 to 7f0 for the memory of the original .dtd file from Android firmware then the device also stuck at boot logo. Any help is welcome.

If I can collect some more informations about the BCM4335 chip, I can try to activate the correct firmware for it.

Please type the following in a ssh console and post the result here:

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio\:0001\:1/
  • If I can collect some more informations about the BCM4335 chip, I can try to activate the correct firmware for it.

Please type the following in a ssh console and post the result here:

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio\:0001\:1/

here is results:

LibreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio\:0001\:1/
    P: /devices/platform/aml_sdhc.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/aml_sdhc.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DRIVER=bcmsdh_sdmmc
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v02D0d4335
    E: SDIO_CLASS=00
    E: SDIO_ID=02D0:4335
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

• Typically the M8S would use the meson8m2_n200_2G for the 2gig sram version... then you may need to correct for the wifi driver from within the build ...

ive not used the LibreElec builds but they appear to be based on the OpenElec just with better publc support but either way you may need to allow some of the typical linux patches to make some corrections to the device tree to fix what ever issue you may have... most of the M8S's are the same ( including the clones) in most ways, its usually the ethernet and wifi that has issues from one board to the another... Ive used Enys exclusiively since the original M8S's awhile ago and even they have changed in wifi/bluetooth chipsets over the model line... Assuming LibreElec uses the same methodology in its build set as OpenElec did its best to use the existing sources and then apply patches in the patch directorys to make your changes rather then trying to edit the source files prior to building... if you must edit the source files its best to make your source edits and then recompress the file and adjust the md5 files that way your not fighting with the build system wiping out your changes all the time when you clean and build the editted packages...

• Thanks. Please post also your dmesg log (the link) directly after (re)boot.

Code
    dmesg | paste

Edited once, last by drieschel (August 31, 2016 at 9:11 PM).

• Typically the M8S would use the meson8m2_n200_2G for the 2gig sram version... then you may need to correct for the wifi driver from within the build ...

ive not used the LibreElec builds but they appear to be based on the OpenElec just with better publc support but either way you may need to allow some of the typical linux patches to make some corrections to the device tree to fix what ever issue you may have... most of the M8S's are the same ( including the clones) in most ways, its usually the ethernet and wifi that has issues from one board to the another... Ive used Enys exclusiively since the original M8S's awhile ago and even they have changed in wifi/bluetooth chipsets over the model line... Assuming LibreElec uses the same methodology in its build set as OpenElec did its best to use the existing sources and then apply patches in the patch directorys to make your changes rather then trying to edit the source files prior to building... if you must edit the source files its best to make your source edits and then recompress the file and adjust the md5 files that way your not fighting with the build system wiping out your changes all the time when you clean and build the editted packages...

I try to compile with meson8m2_n200_2g, something went wrong so I bricked my device... i Will try to unbrick and post results for meson8m2_n200_2g device tree.
    [hr]

Thanks. Please post also your dmesg log (the link) directly after (re)boot.

Code
    dmesg | paste

I Will post dmesg log as soon as unbrick tv box.
    Thanks for trying to help.

Edited once, last by begicj (September 2, 2016 at 9:12 PM).

• LIBREELEC 7.0.2 based on drieschel kernel and kerber git for OTT M8S with BCM4335

Update 17.11.2016: LE 7.0.2 M8S BCM4335

Remote is ok, swaped volume and menu buttons,
    CEC working
    Lan working
    Power off and suspend working sometimes and when gets Stuck at blue light on only way to power on is to replug power supply
    WIFI and Bluetooth not working

Edited once, last by begicj (November 17, 2016 at 4:22 PM).

• Thank you very much! It's great to have a version of LE that I can install on this device, even without the Wifi and BT.

• LIBREELEC 7.0.2 based on drieschel kernel and kerber git for OTT M8S with BCM4335

Update 17.11.2016: LE 7.0.2 M8S BCM4335

Remote is ok, swaped volume and menu buttons,
    CEC working
    Lan working
    Power off and suspend working
    WIFI and Bluetooth not working

Edited once, last by begicj (November 17, 2016 at 4:50 PM).

• This is excellent. This is the closest I've got to getting LibreElec installed on my crappy M8S clone. I've been compiling custom versions of U-Boot to attempt to get 2GB of memory but as you have stated, kernel always fails to boot and panics.

I'll have to live with 1GB.

I've flashed so many different firmwares and whatnot over the last 12 months I might have got the partitions into a bit of a state. The LibreELEC splash screen load and the kernel loads fine (watching serial console) but it fails to mount one of the file systems with the following error

Error in mount_storage: mount_common: could not mount /dev/data

Any idea?S

Edited once, last by CCob (November 19, 2016 at 5:14 PM).

• This is excellent. This is the closest I've got to getting LibreElec installed on my crappy M8S clone. I've been compiling custom versions of U-Boot to attempt to get 2GB of memory but as you have stated, kernel always fails to boot and panics.

I'll have to live with 1GB.

I've flashed so many different firmwares and whatnot over the last 12 months I might have got the partitions into a bit of a state. The LibreELEC splash screen load and the kernel loads fine (watching serial console) but it fails to mount one of the file systems with the following error

Error in mount_storage: mount_common: could not mount /dev/data

Any idea?S

Did you tried install Android firmware? then from Android install LIBREELEC...

• Did you tried install Android firmware? then from Android install LIBREELEC...

OK, solved that problem by formatting /data partition from recovery. So now I get past initramfs stage and the LibreELEC system starts. Unfortunately kodi is stuck in a startup with the following log. Seeme the EGL init display fails with an error then eventually kodi crashes with a SIGSEGV.

• OK, solved that problem by formatting /data partition from recovery. So now I get past initramfs stage and the LibreELEC system starts. Unfortunately kodi is stuck in a startup with the following log. Seeme the EGL init display fails with an error then eventually kodi crashes with a SIGSEGV.

Try to Flash device with stock Rom and original uboot file, then use recovery app in Android and install LIBREELEC