Status of NanoPC-T4 (RK3399)

• @JerryPenguin

When you use Recalbox dtb on NanoPC-T4, is your ethernet working with the latest dtb from 3 June?

I'm having caching issue on WiFi, so I thought I'll switch to ethernet. I plugged in my cable and disabled WiFi, but I got no Internet access and Kodi had no ethernet settings under LibreELEC Settings.

I dropped in ssh and ran "ifconfig". There were only two interfaces wlan0 & lo, no eth0.

• @JerryPenguin

When you use Recalbox dtb on NanoPC-T4, is your ethernet working with the latest dtb from 3 June?

I'm having caching issue on WiFi, so I thought I'll switch to ethernet. I plugged in my cable and disabled WiFi, but I got no Internet access and Kodi had no ethernet settings under LibreELEC Settings.

I dropped in ssh and ran "ifconfig". There were only two interfaces wlan0 & lo, no eth0.

Aciel,

I can't reproduce the problem because I don't have a LAN on my NanoPC-T4 at the moment,

but I will reproduce it in the next days and let you know.

• Hi Aciel,

I can't recreate your problem.

I use the following configuration:

Code
    ##############################################
    #                 LibreELEC                  #
    #            https://libreelec.tv            #
    ##############################################

LibreELEC (community): devel-20190606140016-a41fdf1 (RK3399.aarch64)

I have this LE Image from @balbes150:

Link to Balbes Images.

With the extracted DTB from this Recalbox Version.

All interfaces (also eth0) will be displayed:

I'm sorry I can't help you with that.

Greetings and good luck.

• Hello back @JerryPenguin

Thank you for checking it on your device.

I have 1 thing in mind which might have caused no ethernet device, which is when I do Kodi build updates from within Kodi by downloading and place the .gz file in the update folder could have altered the Recalbox's dtb. I'll replace the dtb again and give it a test.

Otherwise the ethernet is working if I boot into Android from eMMC.

• Hi Aciel,

yes, you're right, the image files *.gz also contain DTBs and are exchanged.

After that I always had the problem that I didn't have the EEMC entries (from balbes150) in the LE settings anymore and neither Bluethooth nor WLan works.

Since balbes150 no longer created AARCH64 images, I also decided not to update. So I'm waiting for the change to the 5 kernel, where our NanoPC-T4 is directly supported.

Since my configuration (except for the not always occurring problem with the aborts when watching TV in SD and HD) my LE installation runs stable.

I only use LE to watch TV and movies over the EMBY plugin, because I have my own EMBY server with TVHeadend running on a QNAP for years.

That runs sufficiently stable in this combination for me.

I was already thinking about getting an ODROID N2, but I want to wait until I connect a new 4K TV to the LE (old TV causes its problems there) and hope that there will be stable images for the ODROIS N2 until then.

Greetings

• Thanks for your information :)

Do Wifi and Bluetooth work under the Rock960 images?

How do you get the image on the internal EMMC memory?

Yes, WiFi & Bluetooth both work flawlessly, using the above dtb.

About eMMC, there is no support for it in Official images by LE. Internal Storage is not recognisable at all.

Images by bybalbes150 do have eMMC support and you can install to it through LE Settings Menu.

Edited once, last by Aciel (September 3, 2019 at 9:23 PM).

• Yes, WiFi & Bluetooth both work flawlessly, using the above dtb.

About eMMC, there is no support for it in Official images by LE. Internal Storage is not recognisable at all.

Images by bybalbes150 do have eMMC support and you can install to it through LE Settings Menu.

Thanks for the info...

Because of the missing EMMC support I stay balbes150 Imgages ... even if no suitable AArch64 images are created at the moment.

In combination with the DTB of RecalBox everything works fine, even if with an older image.

Greetings

• 1. You can specify the name of the DTB file are you using from the image Recalbox ?

2. You can perform a simple test of image is running Armbian

https://yadi.sk/d/tpeis4lvlmgtvq

(I'm interested in two things, will it work booting u-boot on a T4 and what DTB from the image Armbian will have better hardware support T4) ?

Hello balbes150,

I just tested your Buster image from https://yadi.sk/d/qgyvmkow5oqcha/2019090 with the DTB file for the NanoPC-T4 from Releases · recalbox/recalbox-os · GitHub Version 4.1.0.

My NanoPC-T4 boots into a text console.

Without a valid login I can't get any further here.

Greetings

• Hi

What is exactly the file you are using (copying) from the image Recalbox ? I need the full name of the DTB file used. If running Armbian happens, you can try to perform the initial configuration. If you took a desktop image, you need to log in to the console as "root" with the password 1234, change the password, create a new user, set the password and see if the graphical desktop shell will start.