LE and AMD Athlon 200GE

• Hello, is it possible to add support for new AMD Athlon 200GE with integrated Vega3 graphics? Ive tried latest alpha, nightly build, LE 9.0 Reborn Remix, Milhouse build. All of them has the same problem, on first boot, after writing 'run' command, i get black screen and then TV says 'no signal'. So I think GPU is not supported yet. Is it possible to add support? Thank you

• That CPU/GPU should be supported by LibreELEC 9.0 (so any of the alpha releases) or a milhouse build.

make sure that when you create the installer that you are actually using a 9.0 build.

• According to one of the dev's, Linux 4.18+ and Mesa 18.2+ should be enough for running graphics on the 200GE apu.

Milhouse's Generic build is currently at Linux NUC 4.19.12, so that should more than enough.

Can you test the AMD box on a regular PC monitor instead of a TV?

Enable debugging first, power off, connect the monitor, restart LibreELEC.

If you still get a black screen, provide us the full log file via a pastebin website, so we can have closer look.

• According to one of the dev's, Linux 4.18+ and Mesa 18.2+ should be enough for running graphics on the 200GE apu.

Milhouse's Generic build is currently at Linux NUC 4.19.12, so that should more than enough.

Can you test the AMD box on a regular PC monitor instead of a TV?

Enable debugging first, power off, connect the monitor, restart LibreELEC.

If you still get a black screen, provide us the full log file via a pastebin website, so we can have closer look.

ive tried LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.1 BETA - no signal on tv, then connected 1080p pc monitor - also no signal.

updated it on another computer to latest millhouse build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20180101210307-#0101-g66e9ef2.tar

the same problem - no signal

Edited once, last by rix81 (January 3, 2019 at 7:16 PM).

• my motherboard has also dvi output. Ive tried to use dvi-hdmi adapter. In this case LE boots but output black screen. Managed to get log via ssh

here's the log for 8.95.001.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

With millhouse build i get no signal even using dvi-hdmi adapter, and can't connect via ssh and smb to get its log. Hope log for 8.95.001 is enough.

motherboard: GA-A320M-S2H V2 (rev. 1.1) with most recent bios F2

Edited 5 times, last by rix81 (January 3, 2019 at 9:14 PM).

• Please try and get the xorg log at /var/log/Xorg.0.log (I think that's it) and also the journal for that boot using `journalctl -b0`

Also, you can send logs directly to pastebin using `pastebinit` from the command line.

for example

Code
    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | pastebinit
    journalctl -b0 | pastebinit

then just post the link that is returned here

• http://ix.io/1xs6

http://ix.io/1xs7

http://ix.io/1xs8

http://ix.io/1xsa

all logs are here, hope it helps

as i mentioned, i was able to get logs only using dvi-hdmi adapter, it just outputs black screen, but at least pc boots , and hangs up after couple of minutes.

With direct hdmi connection - unable to connect via ssh and smb, pc seems just hangs up right after writing 'run' command

Also just to clarify, if i install an old discrete amd videocard to that computer, LE works without problems.

*sorry for my english

Edited 5 times, last by rix81 (January 4, 2019 at 2:06 PM).

• mglae - thank you very much! This version works. So problem was with kernel.

btw, how to set full RGB (0...255) output. Can't find this setting in GUI

Edited once, last by rix81 (January 5, 2019 at 1:35 PM).

• there's no RGB/>YCBCR switch, there's full/limited setting, that already set to full

but nevertheless it outputs YCBCR limited despite of that setting. Need full RGB 4:4:4 Is there a way to get it? Maybe via ssh?